Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Covering a Cork Board with Fabric, Paper or Wall Paper



While Princess Five was changing her room around, she asked me if I could change out the pink paper off the cork board and put some fabric on it. 

I purchased the cork board at a second hand store and someone painted their name on the front with paint. I have never liked the look of cork boards so I usually cover them with fabric or paper. 

I used paper on it years ago because it is easier to have the edges even but I do think the fabric looks better. I have used wall paper on them as well so it matched the wall the board was on.

There isn't a way to take the board out of the frame as they are set into the middle of the wood similar to a window. 

I first used thumb tacks to "tack" the fabric on and make sure I had it even. I then used a stapler to staple the fabric into the cork board. 


I did figure something out once I started, but since I was almost finished, I kept doing it the way I started. 

I thought that I should have used a flat scraper for scraping paint to slide the fabric in under the frame edge. I opened up the stapler so I could staple flat and just stapled around the edges of the board and then I was able to  remove the thumb tacks. 

She was SO excited when I got it finished. I didn't have it finished for more than a few minutes before she had things on it. 


As you can see by the finished product, she "LOVES her room" as she wrote on her white board. 

I think the fabric really added to the room. The pink paper was really faded and it needed updating. I'll show you her full room tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment