Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Carpenters Apprentice - Part 2



A few years ago, I wrote about Princess One refinishing a dresser with me. (Here is a link to that post.) Life got crazy about the time we were working on it and we never quite finished it together. I felt horrible dumping and an unfinished dresser onto her just after getting married but I was in need of garage space with everything that was happening with her moving out, marrying, Princess Two being sick etc. 

I took it to her home and she finished it on her own. I hadn't had the opportunity to see it finished until this summer as they usually visit me or meet us places, we don't often go to their home. 

I was so thrilled with her ability to look up options online and finish it herself. She did a reddish oriental color on the front and top and then put a high gloss lacquer on the drawer fronts to keep the wood that is fine and carved from catching and breaking off. 

On the top, she put a thick plastic cover that is cut to the top size to keep it clean. My nephew is staying with her at the moment and you can see it is a bit dirty on the plastic but I am glad she chose to put that on there or the top of her dresser may have gotten water rings on the finish. 

I probably should have washed the top before taking a photo but it was really late after the girls danced on the fourth so I was just glad to see the finished product and take a few pictures after sliding my nephews belongings to one side. 

Well done Princess One. Keep up the good work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment