Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thelma The Amazing - Worked at Hickam Airforce Base at 18 Tells Her Story Of Pearl Harbor

I am so blessed to have this woman in my life. My father remarried about 20 years ago and with that huge blessing in our life, we got Grandma Thelma as a bonus!


Thelma is my step-mother's mother. She is going to be 96 in April. She is seriously one of the most amazing people I know. She is still mobile and has an amazing memory and is still in great shape. 


For years she crocheted all the grand-children baby booties and they still have them. She also made cute bookmarks crocheted as well until her eyes deteriorated. She has always helped with the family activities and always has a smile. She never complains and you would never guess how old she is.... 

My girls LOVE Thelma and are so grateful that she came as part of the amazing package with her wonderful daughter and my step-siblings. 

Last week, I spent Valentines Day with my daughter, my dad, his wife and Thelma going to lunch and then video taping stories from their lives. 

I had such a lovely day and posted about it here. 

I recorded many stories that day but I wanted to share this one with you. I think this story is historical in nature and should be shared.  

I am sorry my part in the video is "underwater" sounding but I realized after recording that I had a small sticky note over one of the microphones on the computer so I was sitting on the wrong side so the sound is iffy. 

I am so glad I was able to get the recordings I was that day and since then, I have thought of other things I wanted recorded so I hope I get the opportunity to record those stories soon. 

I hope that you take the opportunity to record the stories that are important to your family or may be important or even just humorous as you never know when it will be too late. I think all or us learned something knew from her telling of the story that day including her daughter. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment