Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mothers Day to All You Wonderful Mothers

We had one of the busiest weekends in some time. Princess Five had a contest she was working on so she performed several songs on stage and Princess Four had three different meetings in three different cities on the same day across the state and Princess Three was a bridesmaid in her roommate's wedding hours away. 

Princess Two met for lunch in one city with three high school friends, met for dinner in a different city with another friend from high school and then went to hang out in a different city with a third friend. Princess One and her husband hosted two of the girls overnight while they were traveling about the state. 

Princess four rushed home last night for an end of the year concert with her choir and we had out of town guests for the entire weekend. By ten last night, I realized I had a banana and half a muffin all day between the rushing around. 

I was VERY glad when Saturday was over. Our company waited all weekend to go see "Iron Man 3" so we went to the movie at 9:35 last night and got home just before midnight. I think it was a bit much for me. I have been going so fast and am so tired that when I try to sleep, I have just laid awake tired but not being able to go to sleep. 

The girls were sweet and sent me these beautiful flowers and I got some wonderful foot rubs (which is what I ask for each holiday and birthday) along with a bag full of talk tapes and audio books. 

If you have read this blog much, you will know that I listen to talk tapes and cd's constantly in the car while I travel, and while I work in the kitchen. I usually have two or three I am listening to at the same time.Click here for a post about that.

Right now, I am listing to the life of Marilyn Monroe. It is fascinating. I would never read a book about her but while I drive around town, I enjoy having something to listen to as we only  have one or two stations available. I am now on the last tape. Their gifts were perfect for me! 

Funny story, I called the girls "grandmother" back east. I have been friends with her for 26 years and she has been like a mother to me. Princess One's baby shower was held at her house. Anyway, I was wishing her a happy mothers day and was sitting on the chair. 

Princess Four sat on the couch, so I thought, I would get my foot rub from her while I was on the phone. I laid down and she started rubbing my feet. I was talking away and the next thing I know, I was dreaming and I hear "Don't you think?" over the phone and have no idea what she just said to me. I started laughing and told her what happened and we both got a great laugh out of that. I am REALLY tired. That has only happened to me a handful of times where I have fallen asleep on the phone.Click here for a post about my "falling asleep" sit-itus.
 
After making all the calls to the beloved "Mothers" in my life, the girls and I taught our guess how to play "Mexican Train"  and then after driving a few hours to take them home and returning, I played cards with the girls.

We had a wonderful night and day. I had help making the roast and with the clean up. I enjoyed a wonderful times with the girls that were able to make it home. I got calls from all my princesses that weren't able to make it home along with some well wish texts from other friends and family.

I hope all you amazing mothers had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment