Thursday, June 14, 2012

Trailer Full of Blessings

I found a wonderful buy the other day at a second hand store for my sister. I posted a few weeks ago that she moved into a new home they just bought. In this home, she has a sun room at the back of the house. After their last move, they gave all their yard furniture to a friend who had a pool.

I went to a second hand store to donated some things. The the truck in front of me was pulling a trailer and both the truck and trailer were full with this really cute set of yard furniture. 

I was on the phone with my sister at the time and was telling her how cute the set was as I was waiting my turn to get my car unloaded. 

I unloaded my set and asked how much they were going to sell the yard set for. The set had 6 chairs, four were swivel, two tables with smoked glass. One had a turning center for condiments and a hole for an umbrella. The smaller table went with the two stationary chairs. They all have cute burgundy, green, and yellow chair pads. It was in great condition and it was Saturday night and the store didn't want to have to leave it out over the weekend. I told them if it were cheap enough, I would take it that night.

They marked it $65. My sister was thrilled. I borrowed a trailer since I was going to head to her city for a family reunion anyway taking up my suburban with prizes, I put it all on the trailer and tied it down.

On the way up, I had some electrical issues which I thought were related to the trailer brakes not meshing with my wiring. 

With that thought, I asked my other sister to take the trailer home for me so I wouldn't burn out the trailer wiring using my weird hook up.

My sweet sister filled the trailer with wood chips for me knowing I have been looking for some and there was some inexpensive near her. 

My younger sister and her husband picked the trailer up on their way to visit another family member. While they were visiting there, one of their girls asked the other family if they had a spare bed as she wanted a new bed. 

They actually had a water bed and my niece was thrilled. So, because they had taken the trailer for me, which I had taken up for my sister, they were able to bring home a free water bed for their daughter.I laughed and laughed when I heard the story. Come to find out, the issue with my car didn't have anything to do with the brakes so they wouldn't have needed to take the trailer. I think it was all meant to be. Here I do what I think is a favor and get blessed and my sister and her husband think they are doing me a favor and are blessed. 

I love how God works with us when we help others and ends up blessing us in the end. 

I think they did a great job putting the furniture set up. She sent me the top photo in a text the other day letting me know they had surprised her by setting it up in the sun room with her plants. Doesn't it look wonderful! 

Thanks for the loan on the trailer Steph. Thanks to Princess number five for helping me unload the wood chips. I am working on something with the garden which I will probably post about tomorrow as I am hoping to get it finished. We have been working on it for a few weeks now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment