Friday, November 25, 2011

Wedding Favors.... Thank You Gift




I have been up all night again as I had to do Thanksgiving for my family and finish all the wedding invitation to take them up to Princess number one as we are heading out of town to have a family Thanksgiving dinner today. In all the time I have done my blog, this is the first time it has been late. There was one other time I had a.m. and p.m. mixed up but I feel sad that I didn't get it written to post on time.


I tried to write it last night but kept falling asleep and putting lots of d's and p's and so I used the one I wrote for today knowing it would be a busy and late night. So... I am sorry that I didn't have it up in time. I am happy to say that I did finish the invitations, I am printing the labels that we need for out of town right now and I am doing a bunko game for the entertainment for my family so I had to get prizes and the game ready. One last thing I had to get ready was boxes of dishes and some of the decorations for the wedding. I am taking everything that I can up with me so that I don't have to take a trailer the day of the wedding. I will have to take all the food up that day so I am praying I can borrow a truck and get all the doors taken up next weekend when I have to go up anyway.




With it being "Thanks" giving, I thought I would post about these favors that we are handing out at the wedding. I had some other ideas in mind but they were related to making things and it would have been time consuming so I was so grateful for this find. I went to "Michael's" one day looking for something and they had bins and bins of clearance in the front entry of the store. I saw these magnets and thought they would be cute favors for the drill team. They were $.60 each which made them $.10 a magnet. I bought all they had thinking my girls could use them for magnet boards etc. Then, I counted them and realized that I probably had enough for the wedding.


I cut a label and had a "Thanks" stamp that I stamped them with and also chalked the edges and liked the blue string to tie it on so it looked like an old store tag as they look a bit antique. I wanted to make them easy and notice on my sisters "cricket" machine they have a tag along with the alphabet. I used that to make a page of tags and it cut them so quickly and also had the hole in it right where it needed to be rather than me having to center a punch. It was so quick. I finished them in one evening.




Then I was trying to figure out how we could display them and a friend who is a handyman brought over some steel french doors so I can have them near the exit door with these wedding favors on the door and people can take one as they leave. I though they were cute and also inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment