Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Repairing Worn Fabric TOMS Shoes or Wear Spots on Pants - Jackets



I have used this trick on fabric items for years. There is a color of pen for just about any color of fabric. 
 
I thought I would show it on something other than jeans. I show how I use it on jeans in this post here and in the video that is linked in the post. 
 
These TOMS shoes are cute but a little worn so I wanted to show how easy it is to fix the worn patches and make them look nearly new again. 

Just take whatever color pen matches the closest, or a Sharpie marker or any other non-washable marker and try it on a non visible place to match the color and then just draw on the cloth going with the grain so that the area doesn't end up solid or more like a darker patch.
 
Go with the grain and fabric lines in BOTH directions so vertical and horizontal directions so that it looks like actual fabric.

You may want to try it on a clothing item you don't care about first just to see how it goes for you and if you like the results but I have used markers and pens of all colors to fill in bleach spots on clothes, worn areas, or scratches on leather boots or jackets.

It is an inexpensive way to fix clothes you may still enjoy wearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment