Monday, November 14, 2016

A TRULY Unbelievable True Story

If I didn't know the person sharing this story, I don't know that I would have believed it. But, I KNOW the people involved in telling the story and have seen the evidence as presented so I can verify the truthfulness of this story. The characters are real, no actors were hired to depict the characters in the story and it truly is unbelievable. 

Many years back, a book series came out in many volumes and were very popular. My step-mother (only use the title to clarify as I love her like a mother) purchased and read the books. A family member in Hawaii, where she is from, wanted to read the set. The books were expensive and everything costs a bit more in Hawaii so her mother that lives with her (she is over 90 and going strong) boxed up the book set and sent it to Hawaii. 

Fast forward to about 5 years ago. They thought they would like to re-read the series so they contacted the relative in Hawaii asking if they would please send back the book set. They said that they never received the book and had never gotten or read them. 

My step-mother informed the family that she would like to read the set and if anyone had any or found any of the books at a second hand store, to please let her know as she would like to collect the set again and read it. 

She said after sending out the information, someone living about an hour away said they found a few volumes at a second store and purchased them for her. Other people found different volumes and she gathered the set back up. 

When the person that purchased several books of the set gave her the books, she opened them up and her name was in the front of TWO OF THE BOOKS IN HER HANDWRITING! 

Somehow, two of her set ended up in a second hand store in a store an hour from her home five years after the boxed them up and took the to the post office! 

Her only guess is that somehow the address label fell off the box and when they didn't report that it was "lost" not knowing that it never made it to Hawaii, the post office donated it as "lost mail" after a year or two to "good will" and somehow it ended up in that second hand store! 

Last year at Christmas, she was giving the set away and my sister-in-law wanted the set so I asked if I could just take some pictures to document the story and planned on blogging about it. Like so many other things, I took pictures and never blogged about it. When I was cleaning off SD cards for Princess Four to take on her mission this week, I found these pictures on one of the cards and figured since it is after 3 a.m. and I still have lots to get done for her to be able to be ready to leave on Wednesday, I had better do a short post rather than the one I had planned. Take it for what it is worth, but I thought it was an incredible yet true story that I would share. 

Kinda makes you think of the story, "If you love something, let it go, if it was meant to be yours, it will come back to you." I know it isn't talking about books but how weird is this story......

No comments:

Post a Comment