Thursday, December 13, 2018

#LightTheWorld The Neighbors Raked and Mowed Up My Leaves


I have been up and down this year feeling rather good in early summer and then busy and not so great feeling towards the end of the summer. 

I put in many new fence posts, new vents in my attic, painted dormers, pruned trees, and fixed garage door facing etc. 

In the past month or two, I did service for a friend on a large scale and it seems like since then, I am so tired I can't get anything done. I am, sad to share that I haven't been able to clean up the holiday decoration mess from when Princess Five left on her mission.

All the girls were down for her farewell for about 24 hours and we went through all the decorations in the basement and I have disposed of all the "get rid of" decorations and packed up the totes of stuff the girls each wanted to keep but other than that, I still have boxes and totes of stuff I need to go through. I have been able to keep up on the rest of the house and do what I needed for life but basically, since I got back from my vacation last summer, I just haven't had it in me to get much of anything done. 

I was super tired and almost drugged feeling when I got home for about a week and since that time, I still am dragging and it doesn't seem to matter what vitamins I take or iron supplements, iodine etc as I am just really tired. 

I have been taking a multivitamin and isogenic shakes, moringa powder and all the stuff that usually makes me have more energy but nothing seems to be helping currently. 

I looked into hiring someone to mow up my leaves and they charged $60 an hour. I didn't have that and they charged to take the leaves away on top of that but I just wanted them dumped into the garden area to discourage the cats back there. 

Imagine my happiness when the neighbors came to do it. I had spoken to them about hiring their son to mow them up but it snowed before he was able to get over to do it. 

Monday night, they came over and he had a mulch vacuum type thing but I told him that would take forever so I showed them how I rake them into the square garbage cans and dump them into the garden. He had a few kids with him as one mowed the front and within a few minutes, we had most of it done. It was getting dark fast and I needed to head to the bank but when I came home, the back was mostly done and the front just had two piles on the side of the house that I was quickly able to put in the garbage can and put out for the garbage men. 

It is such a relief having that done as when I don't get them up and it snows lots, they make a layer of leaf carpet and the twigs from the tree get stuck in and I trip over them not seeing the twigs so it becomes a health hazard if I don't get them up as well as I can't mow them the next year as they are stuck together making huge thick matted carpet of leaves. I first hurt my shoulder years ago raking those leaves up so I learned that mowing them in the fall makes it much easier for me next spring. Here is a post about me mowing them up Thanksgiving day! 

I am so grateful for my sweet neighbors who are so kind to help a neighbor in need. Have a Blessed and Leaf free day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment