Monday, December 17, 2018

Rainbow Birthday Party - Thinking of Mom

I have had an eventful week. I went out of town to go to a Christmas Concert which I posted about on Friday.

I have a niece that just returned from serving as a full time missionary for the past 18 months and she lived another few hours away from where the concert was held so I stayed at Princess 2's home so I wouldn't have to add all those hours driving to attend the homecoming report and party. 

While at Princess 2's I found out that one of my dearest friends father died unexpectedly. I didn't want to miss supporting her so I ended up staying a few days longer than I planned. However, due to the fact I was in town, I was invited to my cousins daughters 3rd birthday with Princess Two.

They actually didn't know I was coming to the party but I knew they wouldn't mind if I did go. I was able to see a cousin from one family at the homecoming and several cousins from another family at the birthday party as well as my moms sister.


It didn't hit me until a few minutes in, that  they were having a "rainbow" birthday party for this adorable three year old who happened to be named after my mother! If you follow my blog, then you will know that whenever I see a rainbow or hear a song about rainbows, I often feel it is a message from my mother

I have many blog posts about this strange thing that seems to happen just when I may need a "lift" so imagine my surprise going to the birthday party for my cousins daughter who happens to be the only person named after my mother and the three year old said she wanted a "rainbow" party.


I would never have been invited to the party but since Princess 2 is friends with this cousin, she was invited. 

While I was there, I noticed they were so busy hosting and dealing with all the children that no one was taking pictures or video so I asked if I could take some pictures for her. 

I pulled out the camera and started snapping pictures and that was when I realized that the party was rainbows and that she is named after my mother situation and the most interesting thing was when I took a few pictures, there was this "white" circle in a few of them and in the first one of the rainbow and the namesake sitting under the rainbow, the circle is around the namesake! That picture is at the top of the post. 


I think my mom was there and was making herself known and honoring that fact that my cousin named her first child after my mother. 

I took several videos as well and told her I would post them on my channel so she could have some video of the event as well. There were several cousins there and another cousins kids came without her as she had surgery. Her son was playing with a kendama game which is a wooden ball on a string with a handle with different sized platforms on it that you can play from Africa I think. He was doing some fun tricks so I took a video of him flipping the game upside-down landing the handle on the ball portion which I thought was cool.

We sang the birthday song and my cousin made the most adorable rainbow birthday layered cake as well as a rainbow out of balloons and colored papers. They strung fruit loops on strings and in my opinion, the best thing, they had Pho for dinner. My cousins husband has a Thai restaurant and he made a Pho bar and we could all pick what we wanted in it and poured the broth over it and it was SO good. 


We loved being there for the party and my cousin had us take a picture with my grandmothers sewing dresser and threw in the frame of my grandfather that I did a few months back for our reunion. 

It was a glorious day seeing my siblings and their families, visiting with my dad and step-mom on part of the drive, visiting with two different sets of cousins, and getting to spend some time with Princess Two, Three, and Four! 

Have a Blessed and Family filled day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment