Monday, December 31, 2018

Making Replacement Pieces For Games - Not That Hard

As you know if you read my blog, Princess Two has a love of all things Dr. Seuss. 


I recently made her a Dr. Seuss quilt from t-shirts. Click here to see that post. There are a few other posts where I show making the quilt you can search in the box at the bottom of the home page. I have made many different quilts so you may enjoy looking at them all as some are quite creative. 

With her love of Dr. Seuss, I have collected a few games for her kids at some point. I can play them now with my grandchildren and then give them to her when she has kids. It is hard to find certain items that are highly collectable so when I find one of those, I buy it knowing I may not be able to find it again. 

Dr. Seuss books are hard to find in good condition at second hand stores and there aren't a ton of games or items around that are Seuss that are unique, so I have a few games I have collected over the years. It seems like they mass produced a few things and you can find those anywhere and then a few older items that are hard to find.

This current game book is four games in one. I didn't necessarily buy it for the games themselves but for the super cute gameboards inside. There are two reversible game boards which would be super cute framed. I figured if all the parts to the games were there, super! If not, I could just use the game boards for decorations. 

It was interesting as every game was missing one piece. I was able to create the missing pieces rather quickly and easily by tracing the similar pieces and then just quickly copying the picture on the piece and using my favorite SHARPIE colors to fill in the picture. 

If you are afraid of drawing, you can always copy the game pieces in black and white on a copier machine and then color them the color needed. This is quicker but, you would then need to glue it onto a cardboard piece which could also work. 

If you were super picky, you could also use self-stick clear vinyl or plastic covering to cover the drawing / piece. I don't think that it will be played much so I am not worried. 

I made a short video showing how I did it and then took pictures. I think they came out great considering how quickly I made them. 

I noticed this "rain" card was missing as I was cleaning up the game with its new pieces, so I quickly made one by copying the shape of another card and using black and red Sharpies to color it. Now, I have all four games ready to play and look forward to playing with my cute Grandchildren. 

Have a Blessed and game filled Day! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can contact me at my blog: thesecretisgratitudeblog@gmail.com. Have a blessed day!

      Delete