Monday, December 24, 2018

Best Christmas Present of my LIFE!!! "Grateful Eyes" Original Song from Princess Five

We are doing our Christmas Eve Early since we have to leave to go to an extended family party in another city the day after Christmas, we don't enjoy having to pull all the decorations down and clean up all the food in one day so we are extending our holiday by doing it early. 

This year, we did our Christmas Eve Sunday Evening so we could enjoy an extra day with the kids and play with the gifts and eat leftovers for a day or two so I don't end up with a fridge full of food I won't be able to eat. 

We are going to be able to have a video call from Princess Five from her mission on Christmas day so the girls wanted to give me her gift before that call so I could tell her about it. 

Princess Five wrote a song when she was 12 and it was good for her first song. She sang it at a school talent show and all the kids cheered and were singing the chorus for days. One friend was a bit jealous and was a bit mean and since then, Princess Five wouldn't write songs anymore. Here is a link to a post about her writing the song.  

For years, I have begged her to write me a song. Most birthdays and holiday, I tell her all I want is for her to write me a song.

When my girls told me I needed my computer to view the gift, I thought they maybe sang me another Christmas song as they did a few years back. See that post here

IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER! I cried through the entire thing! Princess Five wrote me a song before leaving for her mission and when her sisters came down for her farewell, they had about a five minute gap when I went shopping for something and so three sang the song she wrote while Princess Two video taped it. Princess One hadn't come down yet and it was such a busy time they didn't want me to walk in on them singing it so they only sang three times together before making this video but were afraid I would come home so it is a bit rough with them needing their phones for lyrics and a bit of hesitation but for an original song and only having gone through it a few times, It is BEAUTIFUL to me. 

When growing up, my mother sang in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for nearly 10 years and she didn't want to ruin her voice or strain it so she would call us 8 children by singing this little "ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, in a falsetto voice and attach our name at the end so when we were playing at friends or around the neighborhood, we would hear that high, low, high, low "ooh" call and then listen for which kid she was calling and that kid would run home. 

Over the years, we all picked up the practice of using "the call" at sporting events or concerts, or just large gatherings to get one another's attention and our heads whip around when we hear the call even to this day and we each have used that "call" to call our own children so now that "Ooh call" is the family joke but boy if it still doesn't work in a crowded stadium! 

So, this song was so full of things that are important in our life and have meaning to our family. I think it will touch others as well as I think there are many moms that have been amazing and it would touch them as well or remind people of their mothers. 

I cried before I even hear the words because I knew this was the first song she has written since she was 12 years old. Boy, it was worth the wait! It is so beautiful and I know it was written from the heart and to get her sisters to sing it with her, it seriously is the best gift I have ever gotten! I LOVE IT! 

The girls took a video of me watching it but we had some problems trying to transfer it off the phones so hopefully we can figure that out and you can watch my reaction to it. My sweet grandchildren were so concerned for me as they could see me crying. It was touching, but I tried to talk happily to them so they wouldn't think I was upset. 

I am so excited to get to talk to Princess Five on Christmas and thank her for her beautiful gift and for sharing her many talents in the making of this song..  

I hope you have a Blessed and song filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment