Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Missionary Monday a Bit Late - Princess Four, One Week More

Last week making cookies was so fun! But there were so many of us that we didn't get to help much but that's ok because after we delivered them and they made a video of us. After that, we drank Mexican hot chocolate and cookies then played volleyball as a zone for an hour so it was over all a really good day. 

My companion and I taught Relief Society this week. It was great and we had everything planned. We were about to start teaching when President y Hermana Bennett came in to listen to our lesson. So my nervous level went from a 4 to a solid 9. But all was well! It was probably the easiest lesson I will ever teach in my life because missionaries are always so willing to share. We taught about the atonement and repentance. It was good practice.

Yesterday, we had an English Fast, I slipped up a couple times but from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed I spoke solo Espanyol. I learned a lot but what I learned most of all is how little Spanish, I actually know. I'm very excited to continue learning as I go out into the field. We were blessed to be visited by some general women auxiliary members, and it was so cool to listen to all of their stories. 

I was asked to sing again with the choir so we prepared a special number and sang it at the devotional. I'm so blessed.

Yesterday we taught one of our "friends" and it went SO WELL! We invited him to be baptized, and he said yes! We really focused on the blessings he wasn't receiving by not being baptized yet. Even though it wasn't real I felt so much joy, so I can't imagine what it's like in the field.

Speaking of the field, this is it Hermanos y Hermanas my last 4 days in the CCM. I leave for the airport at 3 AM on Monday. Yikes. I might be a little tired and nervous, but I am so excited! Literally one of the best Christmas Presents ever! I've loved the CCM and there are some little things I'm going to miss.
1. Feeling the Spirit all the time
2. All the friends I've made here
3. Singing Himnos in the earthquake circles every night with our zone
4. Bueno Bars, Horchata, and Pineapple
5.Everyone being very understanding of my poor Spanish
6. The warm weather
But none of these are as amazing as going to new jersey and inviting others to come unto Christ in my broken Spanish!
As the beautiful Hermana Filley would say,"well, I guess it's time we crab walk on out of here."
Le Amo Mucho!
Hermana Princess Five

Here's my district eating cookies and here is Hermana "twin" and I twinning and a picture of a new friend I made and elder B who is going to New Jersey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment