Thursday, December 20, 2018

Coming Home To a Mailbox Full Of Blessings and Kind Words

I have had a VERY Interesting week. I am fighting the parasite demons in my head and keep telling myself that if I am thinking any negative thoughts about myself or my life, it may just be the parasites. 

I was expressing this thought to Princess Two last Thursday as we were headed to a concert with her sisters and a few of their friends and I was picking up some other family along the way. I told her that sometimes living alone, I wonder if I am doing any good and even when I think I am doing something good, others may see it as an intrusion and I have just felt a bit negative on myself and what I am doing and wondered if I was forcing her sisters to attend a concert they really didn't want to go to as all of us had hours of driving to attend. 

After the concert, everyone seemed to have a good time and I posted about it and she said, "None of us would have come and enjoyed this if you hadn't organized it and picked everyone up etc. She said I needed to not listen to that negative voice that we all have at times. I realized that what she said was true and I should not get down on myself and if that little voice is negative, I should just push it away. Several of the girls friends also thanked me for getting them tickets and planning it and my sister-in-law said she wouldn't have attended to watch her husband if I hadn't driven as it stresses her driving in the city, finding parking etc. So, I got good feedback on the entire night. 



I had a family function on Sunday where a niece had returned from a mission and was reporting. I knew the food would probably not be something I could eat and Princess Two had commitments so she couldn't drive with me. I thought about not making the trip but I LOVE my nieces and nephews and really wanted to support her so I drove to another family members home and we carpooled most of the way to the further town of the homecoming. I took a box of Christmas presents for all my siblings families so they could enjoy some peppermint hot chocolate with their children for the holidays rather than me giving them a gift after Christmas when their family would be gone. 

That evening, I had a cousin invite my daughter to her daughters birthday party and I crashed the event. I ended up helping watch her baby while she put on the birthday party and I asked if I could take some pictures and video for her. I got her copies of all the pictures and video and at the end of the night, she told me how much she loves and appreciates that I always see what the needs of others are and I try to help without having to ask what I can do to help. I learned years ago that sometimes people are so stressed, they don't think to ask for help so I just look around and start doing what needs to be done or offer to do something I would like done if I were hosting a party. I really appreciated her kind words and it made me feel like I was doing something right. Here is a post about that party. 

I had a dear friend lose her father during the time I was out of town and the viewing was on Tuesday so I stayed nearer to the town where it would be held rather than coming home so I could support my friend. I helped Princess Two look at cars on many different car lots in several towns and with all that, I arrived home SUPER late last night rather exhausted. 

Upon arriving home, I picked up my mail and I had one bill in the mix. These pictures are all the other things in my mailbox. The first I opened was a sweet "Thank you note" from a niece thanking me for many things I have done for their family. 

The next, was from an amazing woman I have admired for many years who moved 
from our small town to another state years ago and her sweet words sharing how well I had done with my daughters warmed my heart. 

Following that, was a Christmas card from a person I have known most of his life and I'd lost touch and recently reunited with and the photos of his sweet family made me smile. 


The next thing I read, was a Christmas card of a beautiful cousin and her family. On the back she wrote a kind note thanking me for something I shared with her at the family reunion. I was super tired from staying up late working on the project I gave everyone so I really don't remember what I said to her but she thanked me for following inspiration and sharing whatever it was with her. 

Next, I opened a package that was a complete shock. I had collected some items while sorting my mothers stuff and mailed it to an uncle who I rarely see. I also mailed him one of the framed collages of my grandfather and grandmother that I made for everyone in the family for our family reunion and since they weren't able to attend, I mailed it. He wrote a lovely Christmas Card and sent me a $30 gift card and a lovely book with family devotionals in it along with some of his own writing as he is a gifted guitarist and author.

This family has lived so far from us for so many years I don't know his younger children, but I sent the ones I didn't know each a frame and one of them graduated law school this past week and he sent me the sweetest "Thank you notes" over text and we became facebook friends. I know his oldest siblings the best and am glad that I am now getting to know the younger siblings who were more my children's ages. 

I LOVED that my cousin reached out and shared that he is going to put the framed collage into his new law office as my grandfather was also a lawyer and legislator. It made me feel good that something that I made was being appreciated as sometimes you put lots of work into something and think others will appreciate it, and then when they don't, you feel like you wasted your time. I am grateful that they have shared that they like the frame as it makes me feel like my time on it was well spent.   

I got two $5 off of $20 for my local hardware store and I use this all the time buying texture for my garage so I can finish it off in the spring and summer. I love getting a free $5 every few months. 

I then opened two cash back check from two different credit card companies well over $400. I cashed out my larger 2% back Citi card last month for around $1500 and was grateful for the timing as our property taxes are due in November so between Christmas and taxes, I called in all the cashback bonus's to the tune of around $2000.

I was literally in tears by the end of opening all that beautiful mail! I think that God was letting me know that I really need to block out the negative voices that we all have at times. I had been down due to my exhaustion and not getting things done at my house like I used to be able to do, or only getting a few things done daily when I used to get that amount done in an hour. 

I know that this time is teaching me many things about being patient and doing what I can, but it is easy to get down on myself for the things I am not getting done as it feels like that is a daily thing. However, God is good to send these type of blessings to remind me that I am doing good in the world and even little things like a kind world or mailing a package, or attending a funeral can make or break someone's day. 

I am going to put some of these sweet things on my gratitude frames as I need to start another one. I haven' blogged about the frames in a long time and haven't posted pictures of the three frames on here as I only have my first on here I think. Those frames are constant reminders of how blessed I am and I am grateful for them as I pass them daily in my home. 

I hope you have a Blessed and Grateful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment