Monday, December 10, 2018

Missionary Monday - Food Poisoning and Christmas Caroling


Hello all you wonderful people. Buckle your seat belts because this week was a roller coaster, it was full of highs and lows, but overall very exciting.
So for the light the world choir on Thursday, I was able to sing in a devotional for all the branch presidencies. And I didn't really leave the CCM technically but on Saturday, we literally took three steps out of the gate of the CCM and onto a stage, where they had a bunch of chairs set up on the tiny driveway, and we were able to sing for a small group of people, and others walking down the street. I was singing Alto, and my throat was so dry, so I definitely had angels there helping me. It was so amazing and the spirit was so strong!  I love this time that we have to celebrate the birth of our savior! There might be videos of it on the CCM facebook page so you can kind of get an idea for what I'm saying but I have no idea if it will be.
That same day, the majority of the CCM got food poisoning. Some worse than others. So our entire district went on splits, and one person from every companionship stayed home sick. BUT I was so BLESSED! I got over it really quickly so I was able to teach some "fake" investigators, and sing, and now all is well here at the CCM.
The Hermanas in my district and I really wanted to make cookies on our pday, but that is a tricky situation because we are in a compound with supposedly no way to make cookies, BUT the older Hermanas in our zone made cookies, a couple weeks ago with the wife of a councilor in the CCM presidency, so after a devotional we walked up to Hermana "leader"  the other councilors wife, and I asked her if we could make cookies at her house for our pday. And you will never guess what happened next! She said that they were already planning on asking a district who had a pday on Wednesday to make cookies for light the world for all the employees, and she already had the ingredients and everything, but she wasn't sure if they had chosen a district yet but she would let us know. The next day she came into our classroom, and all the Hermanas started freaking out because we were so excited and all the Elders were confused and the whole thing was hilarious, and now in 15 min we will be making cookies! I will let you know how that goes next week!
I love you all! And thank you all of your support and love.

The squadpanionship
Our teacher Hermana Teacher
Us emailing

No comments:

Post a Comment