Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Homemade Stockings and Aprons Out of Old Jeans or Levis

 I saw the cutest thing today. Someone made these adorable Christmas stockings out of old jeans or Levi's. 


It reminded me of the aprons I made for my kids using old overalls. Here is a link to part 1 of that post. Here is a link to part 2 of that post.

The nice thing about these, is you could potentially get lots from one pair of jeans. There are usually four pockets on a pair of jeans and they could be really decorative if you used a "bling" pair of jeans. These ones I found today are more country with the fabric sewn on the toe and heel but if you used a bling pair, you wouldn't need to sew any decorations on.



I think it would be really cute to use some of their own jeans to make these. The kids rips out the knee and you make him a stocking. So fun! I also thought these would be great "friends" gifts and you could personalize them with stitching their name on the pocket or at the top. The possibilities are endless! Very cute idea. 

I want to make a "homemade" tree at some point. I have lots of ornaments I made out of my grandmothers old quilt and some angels to put on it, but these would be a cute addition for sure! 

Have a Blessed and Merry Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment