Friday, May 26, 2017

Trumpet Playing Toddler


My world is wonderful! I missed Easter with the kids and grandchildren so we are celebrating Easter with Princess Fives graduation this week.
Princess Ones family arrived about dinner time but I hadn't gotten groceries yet so I went to the store to get some last minute things and grabbed some pizza for dinner. When I arrived home, Grand Princess One came running up to me and said, "Grammie, I have something to show you!"

She ran into the other room and came running back with the bugle and promptly played it for me. My mouth dropped open. How does a new three year old play a bugle. I grabbed the camera and she ran into the other room and sat on the cute little chair I got from my mother and sat on the chair and then kept playing the bugle.
Her mother said that she brought the bugle / trumpet to her and asked how to play it. She had been blowing into the bottom bell edge. Her mother said she told her to make an elephant noise as they blow through pursed lips to make an elephant noise.

Grand-Princess One pulled all the music instruments out when she arrived and played them all day. She truly has some rhythm as I posted about at Christmas here.


She was so cute when someone came to the door to give Princess Five a graduation card, she ran to the door to show the new people that she could play the trumpet / bugle. She also played the bell and was very excited to figure out how to reattach the bell to the stand. I wish I had taken the time to get a picture of Grand - Prince one who played the "mahakas" much of the day. He likes to chew on the handle but also LOVED when I would help him play them in different rhythms.

I LOVE having them here. Best part of my world. It is going to be one great Memorial Day weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment