Monday, December 12, 2016

A Rainbow Record From My Mother - Silver Lining


I wanted to post about this last week but I didn't have the time as I felt so horrible. 

In the past 24 hours, I have slept 18 hours. I was finally able to sleep more than an hour or two at a time as I kept waking with sore throats etc.

I wanted to share a cool thing that happened in the past few weeks. Sometimes it is hard for me to share spiritual or personal stuff on my blog or youtube channel but I have shared some of the "rainbow" experiences I have had since my mothers death on here so I thought I would also share this last little "miracle" in my world. 
 
When I fixed my mothers Victrola hand crank player, I wanted to test the player so I just reached down into the stack of records in the base of the Victrola where I store some of the records from my mothers. 

The record that I pulled out of the about 100 records stored in that spot...... A Rainbow From the USA. 

I wasn't feeling great the day I was working on this and to pull that record out make me smile making me feel like my mother was watching over me. 
 
It wasn't until a bit later after sharing that story with Princess Five that she pointed out that my mother was a National Beauty Queen for the U.S.A. so it had a bit more meaning after that. 

When I listened to the song, I felt it was a bit pertinent in my life and brought a few tears to my world. 

Lyrics A Rainbow From The USA
 
France,You never faltered when the war clouds gathered over. Undaunted as of yore, Your sons respond once more. On the page of time your deeds will live thru future years, tho’ smiling fields are flooded with your tears, With your tears. Thru the storm a light shines down on you, down on you. Can’t you see the rainbow breaking thru?

Dear old France, There’s a rainbow in the sky, Weep no more, can’t you see it shining? So brightly, dear old France, brush the teardrop from your eye, clouds of war have a silver lining, dry your tears, see it bending o’er from the Western shore, Growing brighter  day by day; Just see those colors shining through: It’s the old Red, White and Blue, A rainbow from the U.S.A.

France, your own Tricolor and Old Glory seem to blend, The stars above attend, They dot the rainbow’s end. Lift your eyes and read the message in Red, White and Blue, A service flag from Heaven gleaming thru, Gleaning thru. Lighting Freedom’s path across the sea, o’er the sea. ‘Tis the light that leads to Victory.

Dear old France, There’s a rainbow in the sky, Weep no more, can’t you see it shining? So brightly, dear old France, brush the teardrop from your eye, clouds of war have a silver lining, dry your tears, see it bending o’er from the Western shore, Growing brighter  day by day; Just see those colors shining through: It’s the old Red, White and Blue, A rainbow from the U.S.A.

I have no doubt that my mother had her hand in me picking that record. I sorted and cleaned the records after listening to that one just to see if there was another record about rainbows. What are the odds that in that 100 records, there were 2 about rainbows. 


It made the song "Rainbow Connection" come into my mind as the first line is "Why are there so many songs about rainbows"  I looked it up and couldn't help but feel my mother was trying to communicate with me.


Lyrics
Why are there so many songs about rainbows and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions, and rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it.I know they're wrong wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that wishes would be heard and answered when wished on the morningstar?
Someone thought of that and someone believed it.
Look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing and what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
All of us under its spell.
We know that it's probably magic.
Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.

Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors.
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me.



I have no doubt between the two rainbow songs that my mother wishes she could have been here to help me through my surgery and illness. It made me feel better. I am super grateful for my little bits of heaven while I have been sick. I do miss my mother at this holiday time! The other night I found this song called "Blessings" by Laura Story. I found it inspiring. I thought I would share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment