Friday, November 29, 2019

Wonderful Thanksgiving and Birthday Celebration

 Princess Four invited a Japanese friend from college to join us for Thanksgiving. 

We were thrilled to have her as we love meeting new people and are very social. It just so happened that it was her birthday on Thanksgiving so I asked ahead of time about her likes and talents and we found some birthday presents that we hoped she would enjoy. 

Princess Four and I were up late last night decorating with balloons, banners, lanterns and other decorations for her to see when she got up. The kids were thrilled with the decorations but even more so with the balloons. They played with them all day as shown in one of the pictures. 



The children also played outside even though it was quite cold most of the day. I loved how energetic the kids were through the day. We played, ate, visited, sang "happy birthday" and many other things. 

I cooked the traditional "Thanksgiving" meals and it was a GOOD meal. Every person at some point commented on the meal or how good everything tasted this year. I really enjoyed the meal even though I can't eat much of the items I cooked. I know Princess Four's friend really enjoyed the food asking how I make it and I was able to show her many items and also allow her to try new foods and she was really interested in the Dixie Salad (click here for a post about that.)

There were many things I had to pull out in the natural form to show her what it looks like to understand what the word was I was trying to share with her. Most times, she would get a little lightbulb over the head look and then nod acknowledging her understanding. 


We had a great day and I am very blessed to have girls that want to share what we have with others who may not have what we have. 

I hope you had a family filled and blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment