Friday, November 8, 2019

Fastest Way to Clean out the Window Wells on Basement Windows

Over the years, I have used many different techniques to clean out my window wells in the basement windows and washing the basement windows. 

I have climbed down into the windows. I have lowered my kids down into the window wells, and I have tried cleaning them by opening the windows in the basement, but that was the worst option. 

I have tried shop vacuums, but they suck up the gravel I put down in the wells for drainage and to keep anything from growing in the window wells. 

Then, I finally came up with a this fast and easier method. I use a leaf rake and either a broom or a snow shovel to push any leaves and items in the window well together and pulling them out. I use the broom first to sweep away any spider webs from the well itself and against the window and base. I then sweep all the items in the window well area to one side, and then use the broom to brush all the items into the rake, and then pull them up together, and put it right into the garbage can.

After the well is cleaned out, I wash the window using a long handle on the squeegee so I don't have to get down into the well. Watch my video and check out my blog post on what I use to wash windows that have water marks or minerals on them. 

This may seem like a silly post, but it did take me a few years to figure the best way to clean it, and it was always hard to reach down into there and climbing in and out was hard and buggy. I am glad I figure it out so that I can do it so fast. 

Hopefully, I can help others not have to go through the process, and just go to the fast and easy way to clean the basement window wells! 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment