Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Out Door Bowling, Slides, Bounce Houses - Camping and Reunion

I mentioned on another post this week that instead of or regular Easter camping, we moved it to the week after Easter due to school spring break for many of the families. 
 
My sister hosted it at her house and it was a very different Easter camping than we are used to doing. With that said, it was fun to have some new activities. 

My sister owns a screen print business so we came up with a design for our family "Shirt" that we are going to print. I stayed up late writing down the list below, designing what I could of the shirts hoping we could get the shirts done for the camp out this past weekend. 


Half of the shirts screen got done but it was just too crazy to finish so this is my "list" for our camping shirts hopefully for this summers camp out. 

The top front of the shirts will say: "There's regular camping and then there is Our Family Camping!" (Our family name would fill in that spot.) Pictures of lizards, zip lines, tents flying away etc. 


On the back, it says, ""Nobody Camps Like We Do!" Zip Lines - See-saws - Rope Swings, Dirt Piles
Dad's tent flying away and wind storms
Big flood - building a dam and the kids swimming
 

Looking for reindeer to "ride"
Chasing / Walking the dog to neighboring camps
Kids driving and Jeeps rolling
Larry driving home in goggles with no windshild
Upset the year we didn't get our regular spot
Repelling off of just about anything / anywhere
 
Driving on slick rock in Buggies, souped up blazers and upset Rangers Hiking and repelling in the Ocular arch

Dad sleeping in the trunk of the his Lincoln, Toyota and anywhere else
 Driving to Lake Powell and sitting on green dinosaurs
 
Little Sahara, Little Egypt and Suburban teeter-totters
Sand Dunes, buried up to the neck, and sand golfing
 Dad "sleeping" on the rusty bed at the Mine camp hike
Kids swimming in the pool in the canyon
Lizard hunting - Melissa and grandpa "wearing" tons of Lizards

19 degrees during the night and snow on the ground in the morning Brads weather station, round tool bucket
Many sunburns and lots of sun block
Heavy duty four wheeling, Swayze's Cabin and Eagle Canyon


Broken axles, brake repairs, dents, wrecks and many other car repairs
Flats, break downs, loss of sewer lines, rented cars, gas leaks on the drive down and back
Funny glasses and silly picture
Silly string fights - Marshmallow guns1 & 2


Blowing up propane tanks - Shooting Range
Teepees and toilets inside and out


Leaping sand dune photo shoots - Abraham's graceful roll
Lake adventures, fishing - horse rides and sand flies
 

River runs - hospital runs
Dad wearing Amy's Hair Flower crafts and floppy hats
Inviting a few Crazy friends along for the fun
Surprise Visitors from California
Copper mines, Bat Caves, Black Dragons, Moonshine Pots, Petroglyphs
 

Sloppy Joes, Chili, Hand Crank Ice Cream, Chicken salad, Saturday leftovers
Easter Egg Hunts - Cash Prizes - Lining Up - Treat Bags
Movies on the big screen, movies on the trailer and movies in the trailers
Hide and Seek at Goblin Valley
 

Lake site - Golf, volley ball, Diving, Skits, 80th birthday, paddle boats, swimming
Minute to Win it, "Heads and Tails," Jeopardy, Teen Challenges, Olympics

Banana Boats - Kettle Corn over the fire - S'more Pies 

As you can see, we have quite the list of activities we do or have done camping. I was a bit shocked and how little I had actually posted about many of our camp-outs. I know I took pictures of many of the items above to blog about but somehow, they didn't get written.
 
My guess is that there is so much going on that I don't post about everything and because I took pictures of it, I can't remember what I did and didn't post about often missing out on posting things not sure if I have or haven't posted about it. I know I didn't post about many cheer or dance events thinking I had only to go back and find that there were too many things going on and Easter is at the same time as elections and tryouts at the school, recitals and competitions so many times, during busy seasons of my life, things just don't get posted. 
 
My sister got a huge jump castle and a huge slide from the city and had those going for two days. She also made an outside bowling lane. 

She borrowed old pins and balls from a bowling alley her friend owns and she stopped at a house being redone and took the cupboard fronts and placed them smooth side up where it was all smooth, took carpeted truck lined sides and a baseball pitching net and rigged up quite the bowling lane. The kids on their own figured out how to use the little tykes slide to have the younger kids roll the ball down to get strikes. It amazes me how they can figure those things out. 
 
I will post about our "Olympics" a few days this week if all goes well and you can see some of the other fun things we enjoyed this week. Kudos to my sister and her husband for making it better than any camp ground. I show her here scrap-booking with a niece and also show my artist niece viewing my blog on her outdoor art-show. She had a few smiles viewing that.   

I didn't go on the hikes and adventures as I didn't have any of my children there, I volunteered to stay back and clean up the Olympics, put out the Easter egg hunt and put on the barbecue ribs and chicken so I don't have lots of pictures as I kept fairly busy both days. I kinda wish my girls had been able to come but they are all in different places in life and the state so I will take what I can get. :-)

1 comment: