Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Flower Power - Hair Bows part 2

These fun bows were made from gift bows. They are in the colors of the schools they attend. They dress up crazy for "spirit" day and when I saw the bows, thought they would be perfect.


The bows I made out of flowers, I just glued onto the back of the flower using a hot glue gun. I cut a small piece of ribbon and glued it over the bottom of the clip which helped secure it onto the flower as sometimes hot glue when cold will peel off metal. The clips I used were pointed so would glide through the hair without catching, however, there are another type that make a "u" type shape that catch on the hair.


Someone gave my girls a bow with the ribbon starting on the inside of the bottom, rounded around the tip, over the bottom of the clip and up and over the clasp so that the clasp doesn't get caught in the hair. So, when I made the girls fun bow clips, I used this method which makes it easier to use.


Hot glue is the best. Any type of 1/4 inch ribbon will do to cover the clip. Clips come fairly cheap from a craft store or a beauty supply store. Flowers can be purchased at the dollar store, discount stores or craft stores. Sometimes you can get them from second hand stores or yard sales off wreaths, or arrangements.


Today, my youngest had a friend over and her friend was wearing a bow in her hair. They picked out three options for the "first day of school outfit" and two of the three had matching flowers attached to the hanger.


My sister took the mix and match flowers with Velcro camping for the cousins to make as an activity. They had so much fun creating and we even got my dad to wear some! Perhaps he will start a new trend!


Here is to adding "flower power" into your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment