Thursday, July 19, 2012

Second Try at Goblin Valley - Hide and Seek


 So, yesterday was quite funny on my blog. I can't tell you how tired I am getting up before dawn for days and getting home at midnight or so being so busy and having taken some road trips and not sleeping well is not helping the blogging situation. 


When I read what got posted last night, I laughed and laughed. I kept falling asleep and dreaming funny things and then started blogging them. I apologize for my post. 


Who would have thought I could be so tired. Obviously the sleep apnea machine hasn't worked for me. 


So, I took four exchange students on a road trip and this destination was their favorite. 


I don't know that it would have been their favorite but I suggested they play hide and seek. They did that for one round and we decided it was easier for them to have one person hide and then the others "Seek" them and when they find them, they hide with them. It is called "Sardines in a can." 


Everything was great until Princess number 6 asked to play one more round. We looked for over 1/2 hour and no one found her. They walked and walked in the hot sun looking and we kept calling and calling and started to get worried she had passed out with heat stroke or something. 


Just amounted to she was a REALLY good hider. I think we gave her too much time to hide as she went off farther than we thought. 


The kids all said that was their favorite of all the places we visited. However, if you decide to go.... Take a 5 gallon cooler of water with ice. We drank all our water and our drinks after being in the hot sun which kept us from being able to do the narrows hike which is just about 7 miles from the state park. It is extremely hot and don't forget to take a camera. 

The princesses all found shady spots to sit and enjoy while they visited. I am grateful for Princess number 6 coming into our lives as it has made me realize that I haven't taken my younger girls to enjoy the things the older girls got to enjoy and having her here was the incentive to take them. We are all enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment