Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Soap Making Kit - Worth the Money For The Right Age

I bought a bunch of "Creative You" activity kits for the girls to do together when they came home for Easter this past year. 

Because of Covid, we didn't have Easter together. I stored the kits in the garage in totes and figured they would want to do them for Christmas. I mentioned doing them together and didn't get much feedback. 

When we were together over Christmas, I suggested we do the kits. One daughter wanted to sleep, another was working online, and one was doing a bath bomb kit. 

I could only get one daughter to do the "Soap Kit" and she was a good sport making a bar of soap. I was actually impressed with the soap kit, but think they needed a few more soap molds. It takes over an hour to dry the soaps in the mold so you can't make another until the soap in the mold dries.

I liked that they had clear and milky bases and that they had dried flowers and scents. They included sparkles in them, but I wondered who would ever want sparkles in soap. I would be annoyed getting out of the bath / shower and having micro pieces of sparkle on me. 

Princess Five did a half bar clear, and half bar milky with some dried flowers. I suggested she make another bar or two but making one was enough for her due to the dry time. She had a little milky soap left in the bowl, so she made a molded snowman bar of soap, and I have actually been using it. It is actually a good soap. 

I would suggest the soap making kit. I think if more of the girls were making it together, they could have had fun. My nieces who are a little younger were excited to use the extra kits we didn't use. I think this kit is worth it for ages 10 to 18ish. 

I just wanted to do an activity with my girls. It is so hard to find activities to please girls with such different likes. 

I would suggest this kit. I will share some of the other activity kits later. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment