Monday, December 7, 2020

A Week of Selling - Christmas Is Coming

I have been selling online again recently, and for months, I have had certain items for sale. I had some items on eBay, some in a large city newspaper classifieds, and more locally in online yard sale groups. 

It seems like the closer I get to Christmas, the more things start to sell. I have had a few items online for months now, and this week, two of the bigger more expensive items sold within a day of each other. 

I had to mail a large item across the U.S. and found the UPS was the cheapest way to go. The item was $160 to ship at the post office, but was $67 with UPS which worked out well. I did have to send it surface as UPS was more for airmail than the post office. 

I also sold the Rotating Can shelf that I have had for years. They haven't had any at the company since Covid started. I have had it for years, but figured I don't buy bulk cans anymore due to my health limitations, so figured selling that and getting it out of the basement was a good idea. 

It wasn't until we started pulling all the cans off the shelf that I realized how many cans we still had in it. We ended having five cases of cans that are regular size and three large boxes of the Pantry industrial cans. 

I am giving away most of the small cans, but need to figure out the best way to store the industrial cans. The garage gets super cold and hot with the weather, but I think I need to find a place to store them in the house that isn't on that shelf. 

I was able to sell the shelf for $275 which is great timing for Christmas. The shelf was over $350 when I purchased it years ago, and now they are about that price, however, they are "not available" on the website for months now. 

The woman that bought it, said she priced making her own, and it cost that much for the supplies and would have weighed a ton. She then called me saying she wanted it for sure. 

It took us some time to pull it apart and figure out how to give it to her and not have to break it down completely as she would have had to spend hours putting it back together. I wanted to make sure we figured it out. I will post a share on how we figured out pulling it down to move it without taking it down completely. 

I am glad to have the funds from this weeks sales, and also getting things out of the house. I wish I had more time to list all the things I wanted to get out for Christmas, but I just don't have the energy and time as I have been working helping a friend, and am trying to finish the garage, and still clean out the house out as well as make some money. 

I am grateful that I have been able to make some money, and know that God has been watching over me. I have found coins lots this past few weeks. Even today, I was dropping something off at a friends, and I found a penny getting out of the car in front of her house. Check out my "In God We Trust" posts for more about what finding coins means to me.

I feel blessed and hope you have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi, You can reach me at my email, thesecretisgratitudeblog@gmail.com. Have a blessed day!

      Delete