Thursday, December 10, 2020

File Cabinet Nightmare - Garage Pantry

I spent the other night with Princess Four. We were moving in some large filing cabinets I purchased. 

I have a very small kitchen. I only have two real full sized cupboards for food, and two corner cabinets that don't hold much. 

Because most of my cabinet are used to hold pans, bowls, dishes, and other kitchen appliances, it has always been a struggle. I don't have any place I can build a pantry without spending more than it is worth, so I have had totes in the garage holding cereal, chips, and treat on a shelving unit. 

Since it is mostly me living alone now, I don't want to keep any food in the garage anymore. I picked up these file cabinets which are heavy duty so that I can put the baking pans, mixers, less used dishes, and any small kitchen appliances in the pull out shelves, and bring them into the kitchen when needed as I only use them a few times a year. 

It will be so nice to have a bit more space for food now using those cabinets for the other items. 

I had Princess Four help me move the cabinets into the garage and when we got the first in, it was sturdy and solid. Once we got the second one in, it wobbled and one side was about a half an inch lower than the other. 

We screwed the back legs up and down trying to get it somewhat level and no matter what we did, it wouldn't level. The front legs don't move, so we thought that maybe it was just that one cabinet. We switched the cabinets around and the one that was wobbly was then stable on the other side and the one that was stable was now wobbly. 

It took us hours to put legs up and down and then putting wedges under the front. In the end, we had a bunch of wood under the cabinet in the front, but we got them somewhat level, and the doors close now as before leveling they were crooked. 

I spent the next night vacuuming them out, and then it took me hours to wipe them out. I figured 20 minutes and it took about 2 hours or more to wipe them all inside and out. 

Projects are getting done even though they are taking much longer than I think they will. It feels good to even get some of them done. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment