Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Freezing Left Over Cream - Coconut Water - Milk

It is rare I can ever use a full can of cream of coconut in a recipe as I don't want to overwhelm with coconut flavor or fat but just give the flavor in a curry or rice dish. 

I stored it in the fridge once but felt stressed to use it in the the next day or two as I don't think it would last long in the fridge. With that, I decided one time to try freezing the milk, cream or coconut water in ice cube trays so  that I could just drop a cube in when I make my curry rice dishes.


This method has worked very well. I love having it handy and not having to open a new can each time as that can get expensive. The cubes are just the right size for about 2 cups of rice. I have used two cubes when making a large batch of rice when the family is all home. 

I have frozen cream for baking for years and have frozen milk in cubes and for baking in the past. I have even frozen rice milk and almond milk in the past for camping but before that, I had never frozen coconut products other than keeping the coconut flakes in there for baking projects. 

I freeze lime and lemon juice this way, here is a link about that
 
Here is a link to my post about the herbs I buy bulk. 

Here is a link to a post on Chicken Coconut Curry Soup.

Here is a post about coconut oil being good with grains.

Once the cubes are frozen, I stick them in a baggie for use later in my cooking. It is so easy to just pull one out and put it in the pan or rice cooker. Make SURE you lable it. More than once I would pull a baggie out of the freezer to have no idea what is in the baggie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment