Thursday, July 2, 2015

Tithing Blessings

I was going to write about my car situation today but it was another rough day. Cars at shops, stranded twice, over 100 degrees in heat, heartburn all day which I don't think I have had since I was pregnant and sheer tiredness. 

I didn't get as much off my "to do" list as everyone will be home for the holiday and we are cleaning and working in the yard for the arrival of the family. 

Princess Two came down this week to get her car inspected and we had some issues with the car so she ended up staying extra days.While she was here, she wanted to help me in some way but I am not in a place where I can take on anything major so I told her I just couldn't clean out closets etc while I am not feeling well. 

She is so motivated and loves to organize and I love that about her. I could tell that is her way of helping me and instead of pushing it or not doing anything, she looked around for something she could do on her own. 

She has always been that way. She just would see a need as a small child even, and just fulfill that need. If someone as asleep on the couch, she would cover them with a blanket at a very early age. If someone needed cheering, she would be the first to hold their hand or cry with them. 

I am so grateful for her sensitivity. She knows finances are tight and she knows I have a pile of stuff I want to sell but just can't bring myself with no energy to have a yard sale. I don't have anything worth much to sell so it is all mostly $5 and under. 

She got on the local yard sale site and was able to sell a metal Eiffel Tower I bought for her some time ago that she decided she didn't want. She sold some Star Wars computer games I purchased for my sister and then she decided they didn't want them. I sold a napkin / plate / silverware container that I bought for my step mom before I really thought about it and realized it may take up more room than she would like and when I called to ask her about it, she said she didn't want to have to store it so I was able to sell that item. 

Because she was here to "baby-sit" the computer all day fielding questions and keeping the add current, I made $75. After she left to go home, I realized that I needed $75 to pay tithes on my last income check and I would also need to pay tithing on the $75 dollars I made. 

When I sell anything, someone give me any money, I win some money etc, I have a envelope I put the money into and store it. When the girls need money, I take it out of the "envelope" as they need funds for camps, meals etc. When I take the money out of the envelope, I make sure that I pay a "tithing" on it to my church. I believe that 1/10 of all my increase go to tithes. I sometimes pay offerings as well if there is something specific I want to donate to but I make sure I give 1/10 in tithes. I KNOW this is why I am so blessed. 

Malachi 3:10 states, "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."


I have found this to be true. I have never had an empty freezer or cupboard and things last longer or I get things given to me when I need them. 

As I pulled out the $75 from the envelope at the end of the day, I needed to pay tithing on $750, the $75 Princess made that day, and the $9 I had in the money envelope from awhile ago. $834 total. I round up so I needed to pay $84 in tithing. Guess how much I had in the envelope?! Yes, with Princess Two's help, I was able to make just enough to pay my tithing in full without stress. I had to call and tell her as she had left before I figured that out as I was paying bills. 

If you notice the envelope I store my money in is a "publishers clearing house" envelope. I also keep the check they sent with a flyer as I smiled when I saw the check number on it! Yes, 111. I also keep "a Million" dollar bill in the envelope just so I don't ever feel like the envelope is empty. I love that it has "In God We Trust" on the bill and that the "check" has a 111 on it. Both remind me to pay my tithes and trust in God for all that I have.

I know this may not seem like a miracle to anyone but me but it was a stressful week and I am feeling horrible and to have that little miracle happen and have Princess Two come down and just take that on for me made me VERY grateful for what I do have. I always pay tithing first and this month was one of the only times in my life I was late on a bill as well as I just can't seem to focus and I am so tired and dingy that it is hard for me so at least for this day, all is good.....

I hope I feel better tomorrow and can take the time to post  what I would like to post about. It is another blessing....

No comments:

Post a Comment