Thursday, November 3, 2011

Limes, Limes, Everywhere Juice of Limes

Perhaps you will remember last month when I posted about Food Bank Blessings. I mentioned that they had three full pallets of limes. They couldn't give them away and told anyone to take them and give them away as much as they could. Several people that I delivered some to told me how they had juiced them and frozen them in ice cube trays to use for cooking later. I suggested to them they could put a few cubes in a cup with some sugar and have limeade.




However, when discussing what Princess number one wanted to serve for a drink at her wedding, we came up with several different lime with something added options. Someone has three of the large glass serving jars that we can use so I figured I had better juice some of the limes myself. So, I brought home a full case.



One night I cut and squeezed limes for an hour barely filling two ice cube trays. It took forever and I didn't get much from each lime. I had given my sister a case and she had an automatic juicer and I meant to borrow it while I was visiting her last month. I forgot.

The limes needed to be juiced and frozen or they would go bad. I prayed for a juicer and kept putting off juicing them because it took forever and I am so busy with life lately.



Heavenly Father must really love me. The blessings in my life keep adding up. I went to a second hand store and there was a new Hamilton Beach juicer for $3. I almost cried in the store. I know it sounds stupid but being so busy anything that can cut my work down is a blessing. It is like cutting the grass with a push mower verses a power mower with auto drive.



The juicer was and is amazing! I filled two ice trays in about 3 minutes. I had so many limes that I was juicing for a few hours straight and ended up with four or five gallon Ziploc bags of juice put into snack bags inside the gallon bags. I figured that I could put one or two of the little bags into the large glass dispensers and put a few floating limes and some berries or mint leaves and there you have your drinks!



I also like that it had a screen that filtered out any seeds (I think there were three total) and lots of the pulp as well so that it won't clog the nozzle.



I so recommend the HAMILTON BEACH JUICER! It was small and easy to use and got the pulp out easily and there was no waste. It has measuring lines and a juice window on the front so you can see how much juice you have in the bowl.



I was glad that I forgot my sisters as hers is a side mount and I would have had to strain it and hold it sideways. and put my own bowl down. This one is small, compact and well worth the work.



My youngest princess has been using the cubes in her water and really been enjoying having lime water. I also have been using them almost daily as I have always had lemon or limes in my water. Thanks to the food bank, once again, I have the stuff for the wedding drinks ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment