Friday, July 19, 2013

Girls Camp Fun - Designer Shoes Part 2


Princess Five went to our church's girls camp recently. Princess Four has been busy doing her own thing so she wasn't able to go but Princess Five had so much fun. She came home and talked to me for about two hours about all the fun she had. 

 
She pulled out all the stuff she got and told me when and where she got it and how she got it or how she made it and about things other people made. 

She usually isn't that talkative about things but I think since no one else was home to talk about it with, she wanted to share and I was it. 

One of her favorite activities was decorating sneakers. She has done this before and I'll share those with you. 

Here is a link to the last pair of shoes she decorated.

I think this time it was more fun because she was doing it in a room full of girls near her age. She used Sharpie markers and spent lots of time putting what she wanted on the shoes. 


The week before, I was cleaning out my sewing room and found some florescent shoe laces and she didn't use the white laces in the shoes because she wanted to put the orange one's in. 

She arrived home and got the laces and started putting them in and then decided that she wanted to put them in a cute pattern so she started with one pattern that her friend has used in the past on her sneakers but quickly realized that her new shoes only had four openings for laces and the other sneaker had five so they didn't look quite the same.

She then got online to a "shoe lacing" website and looked at several that she wanted to try and set out lacing her shoe over and over. She would move around and change positions and show me the finished results on the laces. 

It was really cute to see her doing something like that. She loves crafts and it reminded me of when I would take squares of plastic canvas to church in the quite bag and take shoe laces of different colors for them to lace into shapes at church. 


In the end, I laughed as I went down and pulled out all the decorative shoe laces that I had and she ended up using a completely different shoe lace on those shoes as the florescent one's were long and she didn't want to cut them shorter as she wanted to use them in another pair of shoes. 

All in all it was fun and it is a good craft for camping as it keeps them busy for a long time. 

1 comment: