Friday, July 26, 2013

Nascar Home Decorating - Who Would Have Thought

It has been a very crazy week. I am posting this as a quick post as I am extremely tired and it is 4:30 in the morning. Lets just say Princess Four is home and used to Thai time.... 

I went to a party a year or so ago at a home and I was amazed at his home decorating style. He was a big NASCAR fan and was so creative in some of his ideas that I thought I would share them. They are not mine at all but I thought I would share them with you as he is so creative.

He bought new parts and made an engine in his home and cut glass and put it over the engine so it could be a coffee table. I asked about using old parts as that would be cheap but the consensus was that used parts wouldn't look cool or be authentic and would be dirty and used looking so the motor is REALLY heavy according to the owner. 

Then he took rims, cut them and made book ends. I don't know if he took the book ends and had them signed or they were made and signed and he bought them but I thought it was creative of whoever made them. 

He had a manikin and dressed her in a NASCAR collector jacket and you can see a little of her here. She is also hold a pool cue as she is next to the pool table in the basement. There is the lighted engine / motor which was quite cool looking as  well in that picture. 
 
The NASCAR tires, I hear you can purchase,or at least  used to be able to purchase, after races from your favorite racer for $25 - $50 a tire. He purchased a set and made them into end tables and then he used a few to make a pool stick holder. He took glass and cut holes in the center so the sticks could sit down inside it. I thought that was one of his more cleaver designs. 

I have to say my very favorite idea that I saw, and he shared, was that he bought a red fridge. He then went and purchased a Snap-on tool box. He tried to just get the hardware and they wouldn't sell it so he then took all the hardware off the tool box and affixed it to the fridge so that the fridge looks like a huge tool box.

He had a cool plexiglass holder on one wall and a longer one on the other wall that held his collection of "hot wheel" cars. He had LOTS of them. They had a mirror behind the holders so it reflects the other side of the car.

It was definitely not a woman's home but for a man, I have to give him the "Theme Decorating Award" as I have never seen a man decorate like that. It is like something I would have done. But, I have no boys and I am not a NASCAR fan. 

Wasn't that a fun yet fast post!

No comments:

Post a Comment