Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Designer Sneakers for Cheap


When I was young, we wore white flat thin soled sneakers and we called them "Jan Brady" sneakers because they were the type she wore on the "Brady Bunch" show. I had some "Van" type sneakers as well in high school.


Once again, those flat sneakers are popular again as well as "Vans" for teens to wear. My daughter has bright pink, black, white and purple flat sneakers but a few weeks ago we ran into a friend at the fair and her daughter had made designer sneakers using Sharpie markers. I thought it was so cute.


I took several pictures and asked her if it were ok that I use her idea and post about it on my blog. She said she was great with that and so here is the idea and some pictures.


It would be a great craft for a girls birthday party. It would be fun for a church youth group activity. The sneakers are fairly inexpensive at WalMart or Kmart and most people have markers around. I have every color of Sharpie as I am a Sharpieaholic as you can see if you ever type Sharpie in the search area on my post, I have them mentioned in many of my posts because I use them regularly for many things.


I love how dark and clear the Sharpies make the shoes. Basically anything goes. I thought it would be cute to put some bling on them also. Perhaps some glitter glue as well. Buttons and bows could also be fun. It makes it more fun to wear something you made or designed yourself.


Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment