Thursday, July 4, 2013

Stephanies Chicken Croissant Wrap


My friend Stephanie comes to visit about once a month for visitation with her son who lives in the area. I usually try to have some food made and planned but the last few times, she has made one meal while she is here. 

The meal is usually very good but very fattening and my feet usually swell after eating it but it sure is good while we eat it. She is from the south and I am realizing, not all Americans eat the same. 

My girls and I don't eat much meat but none of them have complained about her cooking and are usually having seconds or thirds. 

I myself had about four or five of these at one meal. Granted, I hadn't eaten all day but it sure was good.

She took a package of chicken tenders or chicken breasts and cut them into small cubes. While that was cooking, we peeled and boiled some potatoes for mashed potatoes. 

Once the chicken was cooked through, she cut up two packages of cream cheese and melted that into the chicken mix. 

Once the chicken and cheese were melted into a thick filling, she unrolled the croissants and filled them with the chicken and cheese mixture. 

She baked them in the oven until they were golden brown by following the direction on the croissant package.

She used two of the cheese and two of the croissant packages as we had lots of us eating. 


You could easily do a few chicken breasts, one package of cream cheese and one package of croissants for a smaller family.

The Cream of Chicken soup was what she used for the gravy on the mashed potatoes. I have always thought that was a bit thick but I am not a big gravy girl.

Princess number two adds some milk when she uses it for gravy. No one complained about that either as we were very grateful not to have to cook and to enjoy her good cooking.

We bought artichokes on sale and I cooked some of those up along with my rice. Click here for the rice recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment