Monday, July 22, 2013

Invite Holder Done and Pedicures Followed


This weekend was all invitation holders. I spent two days working on finishing them while Princess Four is still in Thailand, and Princess Five was doing a youth activity with our church youth. 

I had two days home alone and so I watched a few shows I have had for years that I have wanted to watch and haven't had time without kids. Some things like foreign subtitles movies, I can't get my girls to watch. So, I watched those while finishing the invitation holders. 

I can't say I was sad when my brother-in-law picked them up today. I was glad to have them off my "to do" list. I still need to finish my trailer and because of house company, I never did finish getting through the craft stuff in my sewing room. I got a good start but there are still so many things going on that it isn't a priority. 

I was happy to have Princess Three make an appearance today as her best friend is leaving to serve as a missionary for our church and so Princess came home to say goodbye. It was a VERY teary farewell but I enjoyed visiting with her family and helping with the meal afterwards. 

Princess One dated one of her brothers in high school and it was good to see him with his two little boys and see how happy he is. One of the other brothers is getting married in August and it was good to catch up with all of them. 

Princess Three asked me for a pedicure and a manicure and I also did Princess Five's as well. Princess Five asked Princess three to make lines on her nails. She cut up masking tape into thin strips and put it over the base coat of yellow that I painted on Princess Five's nails. 

She placed the masking tape in even lines on the yellow and painted them with black. The black she used was old and sticky but it still came out ok but by the time they tested one, Princess Five was tired and wanted to go to bed. I am not sure if she will finish it tomorrow but I thought it came out looking cute. I suggested if they placed the tape in all directions on different fingers, it would look cool. I think it was the colors of yellow and black she wasn't excited about.  She was tired from her weekend activities and didn't like the colors as it looked like a bumble bee.

Perhaps tomorrow, we will use thinner nail polish and try a different top coat color. I thought it looked cool but being a tired girl and a long weekend had her going to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment