Thursday, January 5, 2012

Duct Tape Heaven - What Would You Make



Santa found a great deal on Duct Tape a few months ago. Ace Hardware had all their Duct tape on sale for $2.50 a roll. I have never seen it that cheap so I informed Santa's at many homes about the great deal. Since Walmart matches prices, I grabbed a flyer from the Ace store and took it to the local Walmart to get the colors that the Ace store didn't have.


Ace had most of the crazy prints and florescent colors. Walmart had most of the solid colors and metals.

They also had a wonderful sale on the larger rolls of just the plain grey Duct Tape in the original.

I thought I had them all but a few weeks ago, I was in a fabric store of all places and they had Christmas and Halloween print Duck Tape. Who would have thought? They had it on sale but it wasn't as good a sale as the Ace store.


Of all my posts, nearly 600 now, some of my most viewed posts are of Duct Tape items. I thought that was interesting. I will post links to some here: shirt, cape, bow tie, suspenders, and gloves. I want to have another Duct Tape week as I did awhile ago but with the wedding and other things still on the list, it will have to wait but if I don't post the pictures when they are taken, sometimes they get lost in the thousands of other pictures so I thought I would share our wonderful blessing this Christmas.


I can't wait to see what the girls come up with now that they have their pick of colors and prints. It should be fun to invent. Not to mention I can now fix anything since I have all the colors. Duct Tape in handy to have around. There is a "Hello Kitty" duct tape they have in the orient which I couldn't find but other than that, I have any Duct Tape I have ever seen. I went to the official website and there were about three I hadn't see and now they are making College Duct Tape with your school logo on it. I was also shocked to see Duct Tape sheets. They are the size of a paper. That would make some projects easier.


If you have something cute made out of Duct Tape, please share so my girls can have more fun and I can pass along the information.


Oh, and one more thing, I stored them on a shower curtain rod. That way they can be placed in a closet out of the way for easy storage and when you need it, just pop it out of the closet.


Just a side note, look at Princess number 1's smile in the top picture. She is napping with her hubby. Could she look any happier?

3 comments:

  1. Really cool article. My daughter is into duct tape now. Thanks for the helpful hints and suggestions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharionnia, I will be posting about a Duck Tape wallet in a few weeks.

      Delete
    2. The Duck Tape wallet posted today. Hope she is creating lots of fun things!

      Delete