Wednesday, January 11, 2012

World Map, Great Idea on Travel



I have some wonderful women in my bunko group. We have been a group for going on 17 years now. How wonderful that I have such a great group of women to call friends.


One of my friends has this map on her wall and she got the idea from another bunko friend. They ordered the world map from National Geographic for about $40 I think she said but when I went to their website, I found it for $99. I am sure you can probably find one cheaper.


She wanted to save her wall so she got a large piece of thin sheet metal used for air conditioning and heating and got it cut to the size of the map. She then attached that to the wall and used magnet strips to place the map on the metal. She then was putting family pictures on the map over places they had visited but the picture was bigger than the country in most situations so she decided then to get picture frames and place them above and below the map.


Now, she can place the pictures of their visits in the frame and place a string, number or dot to connect the picture to the country.


I have a dream that I want to visit all the temples that belong to the church we attend. I want to place the name I worked on that day on the map with a picture of me in front of the temple. I have a friend Michelle who always said, "Never had a dream, Never have a dream come true." So, I'll put it out there that my dream is to visit the 150 or so temples and have a wall map showing where I have been blessed to travel.


Thanks bunko girls for the metal idea and letting me know where to buy the map. Here is a link to the map: National Geographic Map. You can sign up on their site to get emails of "sales" and perhaps get it cheaper as did my friend or search for one elsewhere online. It is going to be on my watch list.....

No comments:

Post a Comment