Friday, January 20, 2012

Wedding Open House Decorations


I just wanted to go ahead and post what pictures I did get of the decorations we did for the open house. I thought some were quite creative and my favorite front door decoration that my "Boston" friends did, I didn't get any pictures. :-( It was so beautiful. We took a shower curtain and put it in the front porch area using a few wooden blocks to extend it a bit further. They then draped long drapes around it in cream. They put cream tulle and the blue chiffon around it as well and then made a bow out of the chiffon to place in the center of the rod. We had two large lanterns and the large map in the corners nearer the door and with the porch lights on and 12 lanterns lining the walks, it was really pretty to walk up and looked inviting to guests.

I decorated the square furniture with cream colored fabrics draped over and accented them with the blue chiffon. We then used the pictures and other decorations made for and used at the wedding reception.

I took the floating pinwheel and heart wall and pinned it to the drapes on the inside so it was like a back drop for the chairs in the window seat. I didn't use a fan to spin it as I didn't want the noise of the fan in the smaller space.


We took the questions that I had both the bride and groom answer and posted those all over the walls and entry along with pictures. The photos and maps of each of them we placed on either side of my pump organ on the wall.

Even thought we had all the decorations made from the other reception, it still took some time to clean, remove the other decorations and put up the wedding decorations.


We tried to keep to the door theme by putting the pictures we used on the entry French doors for the other reception on my house doors. We had three doors covered with photos.


We posted pinwheels all over the house using "Fun Tac" which made for easy clean up.

We also put a card table over our drum set and used that for the white board "Wedding advice" area. We got photos with each guest holding up their best wedding advice. There were several I really liked. As you can see, the girls and I had fun writing boards to each other during the week up to the open house.


We downloaded some of our favorite wedding photos and put them on a electronic frame and had a slide show going the whole night of the photos and we also put a laptop there next to it with the wedding couple life video on it that Prince number 1's sister made for the wedding.


I have no pictures of the front door, the gift table, the food and water tables due to the issue mentioned with a neighbor falling but in all it was a beautiful night and we enjoyed visiting with friends from near and far. Glad it is over however and we did enjoy the leftovers. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment