Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cream Cheese Wedding sandwiches






I thought I had posted about these before but can't seem to find that I did. Perhaps I just remember altering the recipe for a friend.


For the wedding, I didn't want to write "Tailgate Sandwiches" on the little framed lable so I changed the name to "Cream Cheese Wedding Sandwich" for the night.

I warned the women who helped with the wedding that the sandwiches would fly off the table and they did. Many times I watched people take one and then come up for a plate full. We ran out of these sandwiches first and then turned the cold cut sandwiches into these and then they also went. The only sandwiches we had any leftovers of were the turkey salad and that is probably because I had three turkey's worth of meat and made too much. I had so much cheese, cream cheese etc left over that I am making them for our open house as well.

The only alteration is that I don't have time to bake them for the 20 minutes or more so I have experimented with using the broiler and putting foild over them. I can broil with foil over them for 6 minutes at 500 degrees and then brown them up for 3 minutes with them on the middle rack. I like that they can be made ahead of time and we have used all sorts of rolls and bread. I like the chunky bread/rolls the best. The regualr bread even the 7 grain showed in these pictures we a bit soggy so I suggest using rolls. We have tried all sorts of meats and cheeses as well. It doesn't seem to matter what type of meat you use as long as it is something you enjoy.

Cream Cheese Wedding Sandwiches or (Tailgate Sandwiches)


Ingredients
1 (12 count) package Hawaiian bread rolls
1 pound shaved Black Forest ham
12 slices Gruyere cheese
1 (8 ounce) tub PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread or plain cre
am cheese mixed with 1/4 package onion soup mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Cut all rolls in half. Place roll bottoms in 9x13-inch pan.
2. Place equal amounts of ham on each roll bottom. Top with Gruyere.
3. On each of the roll tops, spread a generous amount of the cream cheese spread. Return the tops to the bottoms making sandwiches.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion and Parmesan cheese. Pour over your sandwiches and let sit for at least 20 minutes. (You can make these ahead of time and allow to sit in fridge overnight.)
5. Place sandwiches, covered in foil, in a preheated 350 degrees F oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until warmed through. Enjoy!

I have to warn you that if you make these for your family, they will be come a favorite and you will end up having to make them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment