Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Advice White Boards and Thank You



The couple wanted to have a picture to use as a post card to send as a "thank you" for coming and your gift etc. They wanted to use white boards for "Advice" and have friends write them notes.


Looking for white boards, I found that it could be expensive to buy many. I went to a second hand store and bought a large board for $3 because it had a scratch on it.

I measured the boards out to be large enough to write advice on and had a neighbor help me cut them. I then bought blue duct tape and had Princess number one edge the boards with halved duct tape so they wouldn't have sharp edges and would look framed as well as matching the wedding colors. You could make them any color you wanted using any color Duck tape.

I then cleaned the boards using alcohol and tissues. At the we
dding, I took a bottle of alcohol and a roll of paper towels. I had a garbage next to the table where they could throw them away and used a paper towel holder to make it look nicer.

Under the table portion where they would write their advice, I used tan fake leather to keep the cloth clean as people were wiping the blue off the boards. You can get it at most fabric stores. You could also use a clear piece and you can buy those at Walmart or use thick clear window covering.




Here is a video of the "advice" table. The couple wanted everyone to write down what advice they had and had several friends taking pictures of the advice. We put a tree up next to the table so they would have a nice background to hold up their signs.

We thought it was cute that they held them up saying different words as well. They got some interesting comments in the "advise" section but most seem to be private jokes.

Princess number three's was quite funny and I will share that joke with you so you can be in on it.



When Princess number 3 was about 10, there was a month or two that my eldest two princesses would come to me and say, "What do you want?" I would tell them I didn't want them for anything. It happened over and over and I couldn't figure out what was going on.


Flash to a Saturday morning when I went down and climbed into bed with Princess number one. We were visiting and joking about things when Princess number 3 walked by her door and said in passing, "Mom wants you." and walked off. I sat up in her bed and said, "I do?"


Princess number three back up to look in the room and started crying and sat on the floor startled. I asked her why she would tell her sister that I wanted her when I didn't want her.


It finally came out that Princess number 1 had an old Sega video game in her room and wouldn't always let the girls come in and play so Princess number 3 figured out how to get the other girls out of their rooms when she wanted something from the room or to do something in the room. She would just tell them I wanted them and see if they returned to their room right away which they usually didn't.


In our family, it has become a standing joke, "Mom wants you." is a common way to get someone laughing. So, Princess number three crossed out, "mom" and put in the grooms name. We all thought that was a cute board.

On the side of t
he table we framed a note asking everyone to please write their advise for the couple and get their picture taken.



In the end, it was fun for the guests and for the couple to read. They are planning on having them all put into a book form. Instead of a signature, they have a book with a picture and advice. I thought it was a fun idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment