Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Duct Tape Craft - Bow Tie


When my youngest made her suspenders, one was longer than the other. She cut off a little strip to make them even. I saw the little black strip and told her it looked like a bow tie. I suggested she made a bow tie to match her suspenders.


She was feeling rather tired and said she didn't want to make it. I told her if she brought me the turquoise Duct Tape along with the "Peace" tape, I would make it for her.


I measured the size of her neck by putting the duct tape around her neck with the sticky side out as in the photo. I then cut the tape to be the right length to fit around her neck.


I then folded it lengthwise into thirds sticking it onto itself. I cut a small piece of the "peace" tape and folded the edges over. I measured the center of both the long neck piece and the middle of the black tie piece and placed the "peace" tape over both at the center pulling it tight enough to make the center look like a knot as it is gathered a bit.


I then took a small piece of the turquoise tape and used it to hold the tie in place on the back.


When I tried it on my daughter for the picture, she smiled and said she liked it. I thought she kind of looked like a mime and told her she could be a mime for Halloween using her Duct Tape stuff. She thought that would be fun so we will see if she changes her mind between now and then.


This was a very easy project and would be fun for those doing a duct tape prom outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment