Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Turkey, One Turkey, and One Turkey = 111


Today was a bit stressful as I seek to get things done for the wedding and I have had a headache every day but one for about two weeks. Sunday and today were almost more than I could take. As I overdosed on Tylenol, Coke and psudaphed, I tried to get some things off my "to do" list.




I got a few things done but it seemed that I was two steps behind. Good news in that we went to a college day and Princess number 3 got a full tuition scholarship to the college of her choice! Way to be Beautiful!!!!



However, after talking for a few minutes with the bride to be, I realized I had forgotten to pay my bills that were due a few days ago. :-( So I started working on that and about 2 hours later, I finished that.



Good news on the flip side is that Princess number one got her wedding dress altered and back for her bridals to be taken on Saturday. Princess number 3 and 4 performed last night and tonight at halftime and did a great job.



I then got to bunko a bit late where I enjoyed a great meal and wonderful friends. Someone had started rolling for me but once I arrived, I was on fire. It was a 111 day. I got three bunko's on one's which means you roll three dice and they end up all as one's. I also won every time when rolling ones (I didn't roll the first one) as you can see in the picture. I had 7 bunko's which doesn't often happen.



I was able to pick a wonderful prize which I show here.... Oh, almost slipped. I am giving it to Princess number one for Christmas so I'll just show you the bag it is in.



I called the insurance company on the wreck princess one had a few weeks ago and notice our claim number was 111 in the middle. I was paying the bills and was "freaking" a bit about the two credit card bills when I glanced down to see 111 on a billing number for one of the charges. I was paying another bill and the number 111 was in the phone number and I had another situation when I started laughing and my daughter asked what I was laughing about and I showed her another 111.



I think God is trying to tell me to "trust in Him" today as I let myself feel stressed with the headache and wedding worries amongst other things.



As I was leaving bunko, somehow turkeys came up. My friend said she had 5 in her freezer and asked if I wanted one. I told her I just got two donated yesterday but needed another for the wedding. She told me I could have one of hers. I asked if she was sure and she told me that she went shopping with her family out of town to this really amazing store and they gave you a turkey for every $100 you spend. She said they had already gotten their turkeys and didn't need another so they gave her their two, plus her one and the man behind them spent $100 and didn't want his turkey so he gave it to them. She already had two in her freezer so she cooked one for thanksgiving and still had five.



She pulled out this huge turkey and it was a $25 turkey! Thank you dear friend Steph and the stranger man in line for donating a turkey to Princess number one's wedding. I also need to thank the sweet angel that donated the two turkeys yesterday. Turkey salad and home made turkey soup are on the "to do" list today!



I have never cooked three turkeys at the same time but here's to trying something new. It kinda goes with the 1-1-1 = 3 turkeys! It has just been "one" of those days!


So funny, I posted this and was going to close down the pictures I had open and it was the turkey full screen. I noticed it weighed 21.11 pounds. It is "ONE" of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment