Monday, December 5, 2011

Runnin', runnin', and Runnin', runnin'


"Lets get it started" seems like my theme song this week. I worked for I can't say how many hours on the doors. I begged some help Friday night to load them into my Suburban and my wonderful friend and her family (mostly boys) helped as my family was all out of town. They came over about 11 p.m. and loaded. By the time I finished up the few other projects there and loaded them up and got gas and drove the several hours to Princess number one's apartment, it was after 4 a.m.


We fit 13 doors into the back of my suburban. I would have placed bets against it. I was worried that if I didn't take them this weekend when I was headed to the city of the reception anyway, that I would have to take them up on a trailer and I was worried about bad weather and construction with a trailer. I was VERY grateful for help loading and that they fit in my car. I had help unloading when I arrived the next day from Prince number 1's brothers. It was nice to finally meet them.


I got most of the door knobs on but couldn't find one i've had for awhile. I also didn't have time to finish putting the hinges on and I am not sure I have enough hinge pins or hinges so I think I will buy a few packages and I can return them if I don't need them but at least I'll have them if I do.


I wanted to take a picture of the doors lined up as they look really cute but I didn't want to remove the tape and paper off the glass as I thought it would protect it during the move and I also didn't have my camera but could have used my phone but with the five people that came to move the doors, they worked so quickly that I didn't have time to do anything like that.


So, perhaps it is just as well that I didn't get pictures as this way, you will get the "full effect" when you see it as it looks on the day of the wedding. It is looking really cute.


I coulnd't hold my laugh in when I went to drop off the doors at Prince number one's parents home and they opened the garage and they had doors all over as they were painting closet doors for use behind tables etc.


After we finished adding my 13 doors plus, their garage looked similar to mine. They now have all the trees, all the doors, their doors and as you can see in one picture a roaster for one of the soups. I am sure they will be just as glad to have this all done! Perhaps we can all get our garages back!


I know it will all be worth it on the big day but until then, I'll keep "runnin' runnin' and runnin', runnin'."

No comments:

Post a Comment