Friday, December 23, 2011

Most INCREDIBLE Cake Topper Ever

My friend Julie and I have been friends for many years. When we lived near each other, she made all sorts of dolls and clay figures. I ran a boutique at the time and she had a booth there. We became great friends and even though it has been years since she moved, we can pick up right where we left off and it is as if no time has passed.



When Julie found out that my eldest Princess was getting married, she told me she wanted to make a cake topper for her. She asked me to send her detailed photos of everything from the jewelry, dress, hair style, to the bouquet. This we did and even though my sweet friend lives 10 hours drive from the reception round trip, she made the drive to get the cake topper there on time.


She has a website that shows some of her amazing work. I don't think it does her talent justice because you can't see the depth and the details from photos but here is a link to her site. Make sure you click on the "more" buttons on the left to see all the stuff she has up. Here it is: http://www.juliescustomtoppers.com/index.html


Julie spent about 50 hours making this cake topper. The smallest details are not overlooked. She made the boutonniere look like it is made out of a map. The colors are exact. The bouquet is matched down to the bling in the center of the flowers. The most amazing thing I can't believe is how she hand crafted the jewelry to match exactly. My mouth dropped open when I saw the little leaves on the earrings and necklace.


Here is a photo of Julie with the happy couple and the cake topper. I wish the pictures could portray the details in the topper. She hand beads the dress to match the exact beading on the brides dress.


She made one of these for my mother a few years ago and Julie spent hours beading a crown for the doll using wire and little pearls. The talent that she has is amazing.


I have to admit that I asked her to help one year making little Jesus figurines to give out for a church party thinking I could quickly pick up the art as I am quite talented and crafty. I thought they looked easy enough..... I was WRONG. She ended up making all of them and I ended up glazing them. :-) In fact, as my youngest princess decorated the tree this year, several little ornaments that Julie made were on the tree and brought a smile to my face. You can see the nativity and the little baby Jesus in the manger in this photo. She is a dear friend and I love her!


Thanks for all your hard work Julie! She is working on a topper right now for a 50th wedding anniversary and she does Prom dolls and pageant dolls so if you are looking for a gift that can't be matched, perhaps a life like replica doll is just the thing!

Another amazing friend that helped with the wedding. I am blessed with many such friends.


My niece made the wedding cake and I thought she did such an amazing job. When I saw that she had included pinwheels on the cake, I was impressed. Not only did it look good, but it tasted good. That is not always true. Another amazing family member that helped with the wedding. I am blessed with many such family members!


It looks like I am just blessed all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment