Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me! Part 1



A few weeks ago, I went to spend some time with one of my best friends. She married a few years ago and I don't get to see her as often as we would like but I went to spend an evening with her and we decided to go to dinner. On the way to dinner, she told me that she was going to take me to a nice place for my birthday.



We arrived and enjoyed a WONDERFUL meal. We REALLY enjoyed the meal. When the bill came, I offered to pay my half and she told me I could get the tip. She didn't want me to see the bill but I glanced and laughed out loud when I saw the total. She couldn't figure out why. I told her about my 111 thing with numbers and asked her if I could take a picture of the bill.


It wasn't until later when I was editing it for the post that I laughed even harder and texted her telling her our table number was also 111. I am sure it was God's way of telling me "Happy Birthday!"

Several other things happened that night that were miraculous but I will post those in "part 2" tomorrow. For now, I want to finish my birthday post. Princess number one gave me a new rice cooker. Princess number two bought me my favorite perfume "Happy" by Clinique along with some Cd's I enjoy and took me to dinner a few weeks ago.


The morning of my birthday, a neighbor called. It isn't a neighbor that I am really close with but we share a back fence. Just the day before as I was standing at my kitchen window, I was giving gratitude that their flowers grew up over the fence line so I could enjoy them as I didn't have any in my yard where I could see them while I was at the kitchen window drying plums.

The neighbors dropped off this beautiful bouquet of flowers and when I saw them I just laughed. Heavenly Father had to be the director of this because this couple has never come over and given me things in the 17 years I have lived here. They saw my birthday in a paper and brought over the flowers and some home made granola (Which was yummy and I will try to post the recipe).

After they left, I went and looked out my kitchen window and only a few flowers were left on the top of the plant. She gave me the exact flowers that I had given gratitude for the day before!



Princess number four and five rubbed my feet for the longest time ever (over an hour together) and they all cleaned the house. I got cards, texts, emails and calls from family and friends. I had a girlfriend text a few days before asking if I was free to attend a benefit concert as her guest. I asked her "since that day just happened to be my birthday, could we do dinner before?"


We went to dinner at Chinese and enjoyed that and then ended up having front row center seats to a Merrill Osmond Concert. It was interesting to see the Osmond family videos he showed and we heard his daughter Heather sing. She is amazing.


Then, we heard his son Justin who is deaf play the violin. He played beautifully. They then gave a little boy who is starting kindergarten this week two hearing aids. He is over 90% deaf. The proceeds from the concert went to support the families of a military troop that is deployed.

The topper of the night was when Justin Osmond gave his beautiful violin to the five year old deaf boy telling him that even though people told him he couldn't play it, he showed them and now he wanted to share that with this little boy.



It was just amazing. They also showed a video of their foundation giving away hundreds of hearing aids to kids in Mexico last summer. It was inspirational. I was impressed.


As we left the concert, just as we were about to leave the building, I looked down and there was a penny. I laughed as I picked it up and explained to my friend why I was laughing. She isn't someone I have gone out with other than group activities in the past but we get along well and it is always nice to have new friends.



It was a great day and I will share other blessings tomorrow. 111 and pennies.... It was a great birthday. I love my Heavenly Father and his helpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment