Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We Did Fare at the Fair




I have to say that entering the fair was nothing we did growing up. I do have a grandmother that crocheted the most amazing sweater that took the grand prize at the state fair when I was young but that is about as far as my fair memories go. I wish I had a photo of that sweater and will have to ask my younger sister if we can get one as she inherited that. My grandmother was an amazingly talented woman.


I went today to pick up our items that were placed in the fair and we ended up with a good chunk of money from the fair. I ended up with $31 for just entering things I worked on for the kids anyway. I entered the T-shirt quilt I did for my eldest (see here).


I entered one of the hand print jean memory quilts I made for one of the girls. (See here)



I entered one of the cute aprons I made for the girls out of overalls. (See here)



I entered a dried fruit salad in a jar and a jar of dehydrated soup veggies in a jar. (See here)



I entered a crotchet baby blanket and knit hat. (See here)


I also entered some photos I took and some suckers we made last week and each took a turn making a batch. (See here)


The girls did well with their entries. My youngest entered her Castle of Garbage (See here)


They each entered a hat they knit. (See here) Along with suckers they made and photos they took. There were a few other items but all in all, it was a fun event.


If you have never entered something in the county fair, you should look into it if you are a baker, artist, crafter, photographer and even scrap-booker. There are so many things you can enter other than animals and 4-H. We make money each year.


Our county fair is free to attend and enter. There is a contest for photos you took at the fair and I will be entering that hopefully tomorrow.


All in all we probably brought home 20 ribbons. We had about $50 in cash. I think we did Fare!



Here is hoping you also do fare at the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment