Friday, August 19, 2011

Memory Handprint Camping Quilt Part 111




I did it! I'm FINISHED! My goal was to get all the girls memory, hand-print, baptism, family, camping quilts (lol) done before the girls started school and I reached that goal. I can't tell you how glad I am to be finished with these quilts!



I can't even begin to count the hours spent cutting, painting, quilting, sewing and clipping the edges of these quilts. I think they will always be something the girls will cherish and I will always be grateful I made them but I can also celebrate that I finished them. I stayed up super late last night finishing the clipping of the edges and then washed and dried it several times so that I could surprise Princess number five today. She had such a happy grin on her face when she saw me pull it out of the drier.



She willingly vacuumed up the floor in the basement where all the fringe strings and clipping strings were all about. Later tonight she walked up and said, "I feel like it is Christmas today." I asked what she meant and she said, "I got my quilt today and some stuff from sisters, (they went through and offered her unwanted items and out grown clothes) it just feels like Christmas!"



No one could tell me that the hours I spent on that quilt weren't worth it. Christmas in August was so worth it.



The last thing that happened and also the reason for the title. I was finishing my post for today when I looked at the front home screen of the blog. I am usually in the editing dashboard section so rarely look at the front as each time I preview a post it adds two lines between each paragraph so I have to go in and edit it again so I just post without preview. I am not sure why I was on the front page but I looked over and saw the "Fun with Family" posts and it just happened to have 111 posts in that sub heading.



I thought that was a congrats on finishing the quilt sign! So, that is what I named this post as I wasn't sure how to label it since I have named the last few girls quilt posts something other than "part" and a number.



I am one happy mom having that done and off the list and finishing it before moving princess number 1 was a feat in itself. I LOVE YOU PRINCESS NUMBER 5! I hope the quilt was worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment