Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Angels Watching Over Me" Concert


I called my best friend about a month ago and asked her if she would be able to get me three tickets to "Amy Grant" in concert this month. She works for an advertising agency placing advertising on radio and TV. She called a contact and called me the other day on the same day that I won the "Goo Goo Doll" Tickets and told me that she was able to get three tickets for me to see "Amy Grant" in concert.


I was so excited. When my eldest two princesses were young, we would listen to Amy Grant all the time as we had two or three of her cassette tapes.


The girls and their cousins would scream out the words of the song, "Angels watching over me" all the time and could sing several of her more popular songs knowing most of the words.

My eldest Princess wasn't really excited when I told her we were going which made me feel a bit disappointed in having asked my friend for the tickets since I thought they would be a bit more excited.

However, once we arrived and she started singing, the attitude changed dramatically and at the end my eldest said, "I really enjoyed that mom. Thanks for getting us the tickets."

I have to say, as you could see by my post
(see here) a few months ago, that, I have seen my share, and a few other peoples share, of concerts in the past. Since that post, I remembered a few I forgot to add to the list. Having said that, I can now say that this concert was in the top five of "most personable performers" and the top ten in "all time favorite concerts" in my life.

My favorite for "Personable" are: Sara Mclauchlan, Harry Conick Jr., U2, Garth Brooks and now Amy Grant. She didn't have any flashing lights no back up singers but the band. She joked about having to duct tape her straps on her dress and took her shoes off along with her shawl. She took audience requests that the three guys in her "band" didn't know and played them without a flaw. Some weren't even her songs. She was AMAZING! Not having had recent albums and being able to play and sing like that was amazing to me. Her voice was beautiful and she got standing ovations and rave reviews from the audience.




I have been blessed in my life and as you can see in that post also, the asterisked concerts were free to me. Both concerts this week were free to me also. I think my Heavenly Father knows his daughter well and He knows I enjoy music.

My children don't let a day go past that they don't quote a music lyric or a movie line. Often their Facebook posts include lyrics from a song that describes their day!

Another wonderful thing that happened, was that after the concert, I wanted to use the restroom before walking to our car. The main floor was crowded so I suggested we go to the second level. We went up and had the bathroom to ourselves and on our way back to the elevator, I noticed a large basket of chocolates that were in a mold that said, "Thank You" tied with a pink ribbon and a little card on the side that said "Thank You" as well. There was a man there and I asked if they were from the pre-show mingle and he said they were. He said we could have some. I grabbed a bag with about six chocolates and a metal book mark. I thought we could share the chocolates with the other girls that didn't attend the concert.

I was grateful for the tickets, the concert and a wonderful friend who blessed our lives sharing her contact and getting me the tickets. It was in the top ten of my all time favorite concerts. Thanks Amy for a wonderful concert! Thanks Nancy for the tickets! Thanks Princess number 1 and 2 for going with me! And, thank you Heavenly Father for helping me get to go and for the treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment