Friday, August 20, 2010

Recycled Bag from Plastic Tablecloths

We went to a party at my brothers house and my sister-in-law showed me the cutest bag out of old plastic throw away table clothes. The white strips are just grocery sacks and the other colors are all from used party table clothes. Her dad makes these as gifts for his family. I was extremely impressed at the strength and brilliance of the bag along with the idea.


I have a bag made of grocery sacks I got a few years ago and when we were going to Peru to do our service mission, we took tons of plastic bag strips for the natives to make these plastic bags. I think it is a great idea and wonder how you could collect the table cloths.


My guess is around graduation time or the holidays there would be lots thrown out but to get the word out to collect them in order to have enough to make bags would be a challenge. However, if you sent a note around the elementary school, little children are great to want to recycle. I bet they would wash them and bring them in for recycling.


He sews the handles on all the way down weaving it through the purse or bag part as you can tell by the green strips woven through the handle part giving the handles more strength allowing you to carry more things in the bag weight wise. I thought this was a very fun thing and think I will try it next time I have a party with disposable table cloths.


What can you make using old table cloths?

No comments:

Post a Comment