Monday, August 30, 2010

Life is (in) the Pits


I read the most interesting book about Laetrile. Laetrile is vitamin B-17. Almost the only place you can get both vitamin B-15 and B-17 in a natural form are from stone fruit pits, seeds or kernels. Plum, apricot, nectarine and peach seeds all have natural B vitamins in them which many Americans are depleted in because we don't eat the foods that help us get them. You can also get Laetrile from some sprouts but not many Americans sprout either. In part, that is why we have so much cancer among other things.


Two books I read on the subject are "The death of Cancer" by Dr. Harold W. Manner. And, the other is, "Laetrile Case Histories" by John A. Richardson, M.D. & Patricia Irving. The first is very lab oriented and the second is all case studies from the 70's or so in which laetrile worked on cancer patients.


I started eating apricot seeds a few years ago and found that it is easier to buy them than to collect them sometimes. I bought them in bulk so I have some for storage. I rotate them and have tried to eat them many ways but they are so bitter that I finally bought a coffee grinder and I place a few nuts in the grinder and once they are ground, I swallow the powder down with water. If you want the biggest bang, take them with a pancreatic enzyme to break it down making it easier to digest.


I also read an article that suggested eatting things you want to absorb with an avocado. When eating an avocado with a tomato, you absorb seven times the amount of lutein you would by eating the tomato alone.


So, I crack open my plum pits, take out the nut, let them dry, store them in a Ziploc bag in the fridge, and eat a few in the morning on an empty stomach with 2 pancreatic enzymes and half of an avocado and drink it down with water that has mineral drops from Marine Mineral in it.


I have felt a difference in my health since I started taking the apricot seeds. Some people talk about them having arsenic in them but it isn't a type that is absorbed and it is broken down into a harmless substance according to the reading I have done. I bought my apricot seeds from Apricot Power online. They have great information and offer several products including Pancreatic enzyme and the B-15 and B-17 vitamins in pill forms. I have taken those and found them to work well also.


I hope your life is the pitts as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment