Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crazy Hair at the Fair....

They are having a crazy hair contest at the fair. This brought back to my mind all the years of fun we have had doing crazy hair day for school spirit week. With long hair, there is so much you can do. For boys, depending on the length, the hair coloring sprays and gel are about what you can do. I did see many over the years with many little ponytails all over and mohawks.



The girls had so many cute things, I can't begin to remember them all but some of my favorites were the stuffed animal in a cave, the skier going down the white slopes with trees, skies, poles and all. I think my favorite was the Christmas tree that had working lights sprayed green. Very cute. Here are some of my girls over the years.


I keep a drawer in my craft room with pipe cleaners and feathers of all types. I use the pipe cleaner to pin the hair around or I wind the pipe cleaner around a pencil and hook it into the hair by bending the end around it. I have used yogurt cups and water bottles inside their hair to make it have a shape and height. I just put an elastic around the top after I put the bottle in the center of the head and pull all the hair from all sides up and over the bottle. I have used pine cones, bells, toys, hair clips, pins, dolls and colored hairspray to decorate their hair.



Sometimes the girls hair is so long, it goes up the sides of the water bottle and hangs down long enough to touch their head again.


I enjoy having my girls to do the girly things with. We have had some fun over the years. I have to say that I am glad things are digital now. The reason I use pictures of mostly my younger kids is that I am not willing to dig through all the photos in boxes for pictures to scan and put on here.
Perhaps someday I will get around to that. :-)
We were talking about having a crazy hair birthday party. If we invite you, what crazy hair idea would you show up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment